Sunday, August 19, 2018


I woke up around 7:00 a.m. after another restless night. I had a cup of coffee while watching the news. Then I shaved, showered and got dressed for town. I had errands to run!

It was sunny, warm and humid, even at 9:00 am.

First stop was Bate's Diner. I had to get that flour taste from yesterday's biscuits and gravy out of my mouth. So, I ordered a half order of them. OMG! Perfect biscuits topped with delicious gravy that had huge hunks of sausage in it. No doubt about it. If you want biscuits and gravy, Bate's is the best!

I stopped at Kroger's but just to use their bathroom. So, my next real stop was Westborn. I bought five ears of Michigan sweet corn (they were 10 for $3.00 but I can't eat 10 - I don't even have room on the state park grill to cook 10) and a small bone-in rib eye steak. I wanted a rutabaga for later in the week, but they didn't have any. So, I bought a head of cauliflower instead. I also did an impulse buy of a big bunch of radishes (they looked great).

Next stop was at Costco for paper towels and much needed toilet paper.

I drove home and unloaded the truck (after I treated Caley so she would shut up, lol).

I put everything away, except for the toilet paper. I have to figure out where to put that big package!

The grass was still damp, so I decided it was time to deal with the computer. I need it clean of viruses so I can start changing passwords. No point in doing that if the bad guys can see what I'm doing.

The problem is I don't know any Roush techs these days who might live nearby. Mike Esper came to mind, but he's like Jake. Neither one has worked as a tech for years (Mike runs a data center) and probably doesn't have the latest anti-virus software.

I gave up in the end and called the Geek squad. Of course they tried to talk me into getting their protection plan ("it even covers remote start in you vehicle," etc.) I explained I just wanted one-time assistance. They finally gave up and worked on my computer.

It took them over an hour and cost me $49.00, but they finally said I was all set. I checked it out and everything I'd saved was gone! No documents, no pictures, no bookmarks, etc. Damn!

I sent a text to Jake, asking how I restored my computer for the external hard drive. Then I called the Geek squad to ask WTF. They checked and said, "Sir, all your saved data is there. If you remember, we had you log in as admin so we could work on it remotely. If you restart your computer and log in as John, your data will be there."

Okay, I admit, I felt stupid as hell. I sent another text to Jake, asking him to disregard the first text (although it would be nice to know how to do that if I ever need it).

I warmed up the leftover sausage, potatoes and onions for a late lunch.

I never did get outside. About 4:00 p.m. it started clouding up until it was really dark. I watched DIY shows on TV.

A quick but noisy thunder storm blew through. I didn't notice the time though as I was eating dinner (the last of the leftover pepper steak and rice).

Sidebar: It did seem quick, but when I checked Sunday morning, I had picked up a much needed half an inch of rain!

I went to bed after Saturday Night ended.


  1. congratulations on your keep it that way

  2. Hold onto that thought. I'm still hacked!!!