Thursday, July 19, 2018


I made two eggs over-easy with toast for breakfast on Tuesday, then I shaved, showered and got dressed.

I had a 10:00 a.m. appointment with my eye doctor in Farmington. When I went by Bates (Five Mile and Farmington) there was just one truck  in the parking lot. Hmmm.

I passed every eye test with flying colors! The doctor tried to also sell me on clear glasses with readers in the bifocal area. I told him to forget it, I am enjoying not wearing glasses way too much.

I had thought it might be fun to call out all my locations on Facebook, but I forgot to do it at the eye doctors. I remembered it about half way back to Kroger's.

I wanted some bone-in pork chops, but couldn't find any. I did see a 12 pack of fat chicken legs, so I got that instead.

Before I left, I checked in on Facebook. Then I drove to Bates for an early lunch. The place was packed! No a single parking space left!!! WTF? It was only 11:40 a.m. Why aren't these people at work?

No point in checking in on Facebook. So, now instead of the eye doctor, Kroger and Bates, I just had Kroger's and look like a dork.

So, I drove home instead. I put the cold stuff in the fridge, changed clothes and laid on the bed to rest.

I got up after an hour or so and split the chicken legs into three bags of four each. Two went into the freezer and one in the fridge for tonight's dinner. I took the last five eggs and hard boiled them (I bought a new dozen).

I took the last kitchen trash bag out to the trash container by the road. Then I watered the hanging plants and the mailbox garden.

Back inside, I took a nap.

When I woke up, I started making dinner. I wanted the chicken legs, but not a big mess or fuss in the kitchen. So, I made them the way I had seen Carla's mom do it once. I patted them dry with paper towels and sprinkled them with Lawry's seasoned salt and garlic powder. Then I just fried them in my big cast iron frying pan, filled about one third of canola oil and topped with my grease splatter screen.

I put them on a rack over paper towels to drain.

I ate two of them (they were really big) with some store-bought potato salad I got from Kroger's. The potato salad was just so-so (it always is), but the chicken was excellent!

I retrieved both the trash container and the mail then I watched TV until bedtime. I left the window in the bedroom and the window downstairs open to the safety latches (it was that nice out).

No comments:

Post a Comment