Thursday, July 19, 2018

Hump Day

I slept great! I think it was all the fresh air. So, I left the windows open when I woke up. I figured I'd close them if and when the A/C kicked on.

I had an appointment with the WOW technician Wednesday morning. Which meant I was more or less trapped in the house between 8-11:00 a.m. I even got a robo-call on Tuesday in Kroger's, reminding me of this.

So, I made sure I got dressed and both I and the house were presentable before 8:00 a.m.

I watched the Today Show (I like it and can't change the channel, anyway) while I waited.

And waited...

And waited...

I ate another chicken leg (cold this time) and the last of the potato salad for lunch.

BTW, I always just buy the little tubs of potato salad. I wonder if it would be better if I got it from the deli instead. I do like potato salad, but it's a pain in the ass to make and, since it's only me, I end up throwing most of the homemade potato salad away when the mayo turns watery.

I gave the guy (or gal) until 1:00 p.m. before I called to bitch. The woman I talked to put me on hold for a long while as she tried to call the local office. She finally came back on the line and said she couldn't get in touch with them, but would call me back when she did. She finally did call back and said somebody would be here on Thursday morning. I told her I had a doctor's appointment in the afternoon, so it would definitely have to be in the morning.

Eric Knapp and his wife stopped by on the way to the airport (I think they were picking up a relative). I had told him last summer that I had a charcoal smoker I bought but never used. He's a big smoked meat man. He had asked what I wanted for it. I told him nothing, I just needed the room in the shed.

So, they had driven over from Massachusetts (where they live) for a family reunion and stopped by to pick it up. I met them at the door and told them to go around back and I'd bring the key for the shed.

Sidebar: I didn't invite them in. Not sure now if that was very friendly, but I figured if they were anything like me, getting to the airport in time was the first priority.

Anyway, I offered him the wheelbarrow or the wagon to get it up front. Instead, he just picked it up and carried it!

Sidebar: Why are people doing this to me all of a sudden? First it was Amanda and the hanging plant I couldn't pick up (she picked it up with one hand and raised it over her head to hang it back up, if you remember) and now Eric, easily carrying the smoker I would had trouble just getting it in the wheelbarrow or wagon.

Anyway, we all shook hands and they took off.

I ate the last of the pasta salad for dinner and then washed out my Tupperware bowl.

The A/C never did come on, even though they said the high today was 81 degrees. So, I kept the windows open for another straight night.

I watched TV until an early bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment