Friday, May 25, 2018


I woke up late again on Thursday. I ate some oatmeal for breakfast. My blood sugar was 152. I was good.

So, Thursday was going to be a workday.

First, I stripped the bed (it had been soaked in sweat, if you remember) and threw everything in the washer.

Then I shaved, showered and got dressed. I put on some jeans because I had to go to the gas station for mower gas.

I went down to the corner gas station and was blown away!!! The price per gallon was $2.99! Six bucks for mower gas?

Sidebar: I am going to start going to the Kroger station (Warren and Middle Belt) and using my fuel points or waiting in line at the Costco station. Both have cheaper gas. I am living on Social Security and can't afford this shit!

Back home, I changed out of my jeans and into shorts. It was already hot.

Then I went out back to try and fix the riding lawn mower. I discovered I didn't have the room in the shed (even after pulling out the wheel barrow) to lay down. So, I rolled it out on the grass.

I found the belt did not break. Thank God. I had to replace it once and it was a bitch! 

It took quite a while, and I got a beautiful big bruise on my left arm, but I finally got the damn thing threaded onto the four pulleys.

Sidebar: This has happened before. It's usually a stick on the lawn that gets caught on the belt and throws it off.

So, I put on my Minneapolis-Moline cap (a Jake and Carla present) and went out to cut the back lawn.

Sidebar: When I had first cut the front lawn with the new little mower and then went for my eye operation, Courtney said, "Wow! You really sunburned your head." I didn't notice and it didn't hurt. But for several days, it peeled. So, now I am going to wear a cap.

When I finished, I put the tractor in the shed. Then I got the little mower out and cut the areas that the riding mower could't get into. Finally, I used the trimmer for all the places (around trees and so on) that the little mower couldn't get.

I buttoned everything up and went inside to take a much needed break.

I walked out to get the mail and noticed the iris, blooming there as off. So, I took some pictures for you.

Then I sliced up the rest of that steak. I cut the kernels off the cobs of the other three sweet corn. BTW, that gave me a ridiculous amount of sweet corn. I took four of the asparagus spears and cut them in two inch lengths.  All of that went on a plate and into the microwave.

It was a delicious dinner!

I watched all the red nose shows on NBC, then the news at 11:00 p.m. and finally the Tonight Show. Then I went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment