Monday, May 21, 2018

Monday, Monday...

I woke up at 5:00 a.m. on Monday. That gave me plenty of time for eye drops (five minutes between each application), breakfast (oatmeal and coffee) and the morning pills.

Then I watched the news until 10:00 a.m.  Amanda called me at 10:25 (she's supposed to be at work at 10:30, BTW). It turns out instead of hitting the snooze button, she turned the alarm off! So, she's late and hustling to work.

I asked her if she wanted to meet at the Big Boy after she got off work. Why? Because:

1. Monday is the only day they serve the Canadian cheese soup we both love.
2. It's supposed to rain on Tuesday.
3. I haven't seen her in a week.

She said (garbled) that she was supposed to meet somebody after work to do something, but it might not happen and she would give me a call.

Sidebar: I don't know why, but when she's in her car  and talking on the phone, I can't understand half the shit she says. I don't know if it's road noise or wind noise or whatever. I get tired of asking her to repeat things. I just say, "Um hum."

So, I shaved, showered and got dressed. Vicky, in her morning text, asked me how my eye was doing and what I had planned for today. I told her my eye is getting better and I hoped to work up the herb and vegetable gardens to prepare them for planting.

Amanda sent me a text, saying she was waiting on her last table and had time to go to lunch. She asked if I minded if her mother joined us. I said, "Hell, no. She's my bingo buddy!"

So, I hauled ass to get there, but they still beat me. They already had a table, so I joined them. Fran (Amanda's mother) ordered the soup and a Slim Jim. Amanda asked if, with our soup, I wanted to share a turkey club (no tomato). I said sure.

Sidebar: Along with her hatred of mustard, Amanda hates tomatoes. I don't understand it, but I've learned to live with it.

The soup was delicious, as always. I ate my half of the club sandwich (also good - would have been better with tomatoes, lol!)  Amanda ate her soup and a quarter of her club sandwich. She put the other quarter on my plate. I told her I couldn't eat it. Fortunately, her mother ate just a little of her Slim Jim and got a box to take home for Amanda's father, so she took that, too.

Amanda ordered dessert. I didn't catch what it was called only that she changed the vanilla ice cream to strawberry. It was ice cream on top of a piece of chocolate cake with chocolate sauce on the side. We all had some. It was pretty good but way too rich more me.

Amanda had to run off, so Fran and I sat and talked for a while. Then we left.

It started sprinkling on the way home.

I did get the reflecting pool filled up and a couple of the statues out of the shed. But then it started raining for real.

Back inside, I was annoyed at not completing my work. So, I took it out on the bedroom. I swept and mopped the floor. I read in the living room until it dried. Then I went in and cleaned out the first of the four little drawers in the top of the dresser.

It was after 6:00 p.m. when I thought about the mail. It was pouring rain, so I decided whatever was in the mail could wait until Tuesday.

I warmed up two hot dogs and a can of Bush's Grillin' Beans for dinner.

I half watched TV and read until bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment