Sunday, May 20, 2018


Friday morning, when I woke up, my eye ached! I had my eye guard (or whatever its called) taped on, so I know I didn't rub it. My eye was watering yesterday, which didn't happen either on the last operation.

I went to my post-op appointment at 10:30 a.m. and told them everything I'm telling you. They tried to give me an eye test, but other than the big "E" everything was too cloudy (I aced the right eye, if you remember). They said not to worry, sometimes it takes longer to heal than others. They said to keep doing the drops and set my next appointment for three weeks instead of two.

Heading back home, I was hungry, so I stopped at Bates and got a burger and fries (they stop serving breakfast at 10:30). Then I went to Kroger's and got a few items I needed.

Last stop was Home Depot. I decided to skip the porch planter this year and go back to hanging plants for a change. So, I bought some light chain and three hanging plants. I had to ask a biker in line in front of me to get them down. They were too heavy for me to pick them up and off the bar they were hanging on!

Sidebar: Because the front of the house faces east, I am limited to plants that don't need full sunlight. So, I picked deep red impatiens.

So, when I got home, I tried different lengths of chain to get them to the right height. I wanted to be able to water them, but not low enough they blocked the view of the road from either the porch bench or the couch. I finally got it right and cut the chain. Then I used tape measure (allowing for the difference in the porch height) to get the one to the left of the garage door.

I have yet to rant about what a pain in the ass reading glasses are. I figured I'd keep a pair next to the bed for reading my books. Turns out you need them every five seconds (looking at the phone, finding buttons on the TV remote, checking the herbs in your cupboard, etc.) I only had the one pair so I started wearing them up on the top on my head (like Amanda does with her sunglasses). But, I stopped at CVS on the way home from the doctor's and got three more cheap pairs. So. I have a pair in the office, one in the bedroom and one in the truck. The pair Melissa gave me is a roving pair, going where needed.

It was about 5:00 p.m. when I went out to cut the back grass. To my delight, the riding mower fired right up! I backed it out and started cutting the grass leaving long rows of grass clippings.

I got about 3/4 of the way done when I heard a weird noise and the blades stopped turning. Damn! I hoped the belt just came off, rather than it broke. It was getting late, so I put the mower in the shed and buttoned up everything for the night.

I made a bologna sandwich and some blue box mac & cheese for dinner. I watched some TV but went to bed by 1:00 a.m.


  1. Plants look nice. By the way, have you seen the new Sun impatiens? They can live in full sun, and their bigger flowers. very nice

  2. Thanks. No, I haven't seen them, but I will look for them (I still have more plants to buy for the kitchen window box and the vegetable garden).