Sunday, May 27, 2018

Come Saturday morning...

I woke up at 5:00 a.m. on Saturday. I turned on the morning news while I ate some oatmeal and drank a cup of coffee. When I finished breakfast, I stripped the bedding and put it in the washer (this is getting old).

I did my morning eye drops and took my morning pills. About noon, I shaved and showered and dressed in go-to-town clothes.

First I hit up Kroger's to get a few things for this Memorial weekend. Next I stopped at Westborn for some more sweet corn, some cheese and two sweet potatoes.

Sidebar: It was freakin' hot!!! Phone said it was 80 degrees, but the truck said it was 90. I believe the truck.  First time in a long time that I was sweating normally and didn't have to eat some candy, lol!

Finally, I went to Home Depot and got a splitting wedge and a bunch of flowers and herbs.Well, I thought I got a splitting wedge. It was in the cart and she rang it up, but when I got home it wasn't in the truck. She didn't bag it and I was so busy trying to fit all the flowers and herbs in the truck, I think I forgot it in the basket!

So, I called Home Depot and asked if anyone had turned it in. I mean, yeah, it cost $18.00, but how many people need one? The woman on the phone said, "No" and asked if I had the receipt and I said, "Sure." She said to come back in and they would give me another one. Whew!!!

My legs really hurt (it started in the Home Depot and got worse as I stood in a long line in the garden center). I had trouble walking upstairs (two steps) with the groceries.

I warmed up the last hot dog and the rest of the asparagus for a late lunch. Then I laid on the bed to rest my legs. The plan was to plant the mail box garden, the kitchen window box and all the herbs. Instead, I fell asleep and slept until an amazing 8:00 p.m.

Sidebar: I have the funny feeling I'm dying over here...

Be that as it may, I grabbed a bucket of water and went out in the twilight to plant the mailbox garden.

I planted a big Shasta daisy in the back and three superbells (a Calibrachoo hybrid).

Sidebar: This is the second time I could not find any sweet alyssum  (my go-to plant for the mail box garden). I think I will have to start them from seed (Although I don't have a good southern exposure window).

It was getting dark, so the photos were taken with a flash.

 I watered all the remaining flowers and herb and the went inside.

I made a Digiorno pizzeria thin crust pizza for dinner, after adding banana peppers and more mozzarella. I added some red pepper flakes for more heat. I cut it into six pieces and ate three.

I started to watch some TV (hoping to stay awake for Saturday Night Live, but I crashed like a rock again around 10:00 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment