Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Rainy Days and Mondays

I woke up to the alarm set for 6:00 a.m.on Monday. I ate a quick bowl of cereal for breakfast and drank my coffee while I shaved. I had an 8:15 doctor's appointment with my eye surgeon.

I left in plenty of time, which was lucky. Because I got LOST! I thought it was at Farmington and Seven Mile. But when I got there, the office was not where I remembered it. So, I drove back and forth. Nothing! I finally gave up and went to Six Mile and there it was, almost right on the corner.

I didn't have to wait long. They put three different drops in both eyes and retook the pictures of my eyes. Finally, the doctor came in. He said the cataract on my right eye had gotten much worse since December, but he could fix them both.

The longest I had to wait was for the surgery scheduler (same as last time).

So, my right eye will be operated on 5/3/18 and my left on 5/17/18. Now I just need a driver.

Sidebar: I have lots of nearby friends who would gladly volunteer to drop me off. But I need someone who can stay during the surgery and these women all have jobs. But, wait a minute! Courtney volunteered, so I don't have to bother my brothers this time.

It was cloudy and overcast when I drove home, so I didn't need sunglasses in spite of my severely dilated eyes.

It was before 10:00 a.m.when I left the doctor's office, so I thought I'd stop at Bates and get a half order of biscuits and gravy. But, when I got there the place was dark and there was a note taped to the door. I assume it said they'd lost power.

Sidebar: Bates stops serving breakfast at 10:30 a.m.

I continued to drive south on Farmington Road and stopped at the Looney Bakery. The line at the drive through wasn't too bad. When it was my turn, I asked if they had any salt bagels left. They said they still had a few, so I bought four.

I drove I-96 to Beech Daly (to avoid the train at Inkster). I thought I was quite clever until I saw the traffic lights at Beech Daly and Plymouth Road were out and we all had to take our turn at the four-way stop thing.

Back home, the rain had taken a break, so I dragged the garbage container out to the road. It's supposed to rain again and then switch to snow overnight. While I was back there, I took some pictures.

I am pretty sure the branch hit the roof and bounced off (there are a lot of twigs and bark up there) but I couldn't see any signs of actual roof damage.

On the plus side, I can now sell the house as "Lake Front Property."

Back inside, I changed my clothes and ate two bagels.

I spent about an hour and a half with Verizon tech support, getting my phone back in order. My bad! When I switched from Spectrum to Wow, I immediately lost the ability to check my email on my phone (my old Spectrum email went away). So, I thought I could fix it. I tried, but by the time I gave up, I not only lost my email, but Facebook on the phone and the phone's camera wouldn't download.

I took a nap in the afternoon.

I walked out to get the mail around 6:00 p.m. and it was snowing!!!

I warmed up some of the Southern Bacon-Fried Cabbage for dinner.

I watched "The Desolation of Smaug" (a Hobbit movie) and then "Jurassic Park." I have seen both many times before, but I like them. I ended up snacking on both remaining bagel during the evening.

Then I watched a little of the Tonight Show before going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment