Friday, March 9, 2018


Sidebar: I want you to know that I did not NOT post the blog earlier due to my neglect. I lost my internet and couldn't.

So, on Thursday, I went to my infusion. I did eat a bowl of cereal and milk for breakfast around 6:00 a.m. But on the way home at 10:00 I was hungry. I was going to stop at Bates for some biscuits and gravy, but their little parking lot was full. So, I stopped at my Leo's Coney Island (next to the Home Depot on Middlebelt) and got a half order and a cup of coffee (I usually never order coffee in restaurants, but it was snowing, windy and really cold). It cost me $6.02, but it was  worth it.

Back home, I did a load of laundry, unloaded the dishwasher and started putting the newest dirty dishes inside.

Now, Amanda had a school field trip with Keldon in the morning (at High Velocity in Canton) and a dentist appointment in the afternoon (she lost a visible filling and was really embarrassed about it). I knew all this.

Sidebar: She always volunteers to drive some of the kids to their field trips.

So, after the field trip, she dropped Keldon and the other kids back at school and called to ask if I wanted to go to lunch. I said sure, even though she sounded pissed.

Sidebar: I have been married twice and can handle pissed off women (sometimes - otherwise, I just divorce them, lol.)

So, she showed up around 12:30 p.m., still pissed. We sat and talked for a bit while she vented. Seems like High Velocity is a three story building with sports activities. On the second floor, Keldon started coughing, so she went out to the car to get his inhaler. But, when she got back, the teacher said he couldn't finish the field trip, because he walked to the railing and spit over it onto the first floor. So, he had to just sit there and read, while the rest of the kids played.

I tried to explain that was a boy thing and boys will be boys. That wasn't working, so I gave up.

We talked about lunch and finally (it was a long discussion) decided on the Black Label Tavern (Plymouth Road past Farmington). We went there once before and she was there with her family another time.

She was worried about eating anything hard (because of her tooth), so she got the pulled pork sandwich with some of the best damn fries I ever tasted (we often share food if we think its good). I got the loaded baked potato soup and something they called the "Very Berry Salad."

That was the best salad I ever had! It had sliced strawberries, big black berries, blueberries, dried cranberries, raisins, crunchy nuts, and feta cheese with a very light raspberry vinegaret dressing over wild greens.


I took home most of the soup (I can't eat all that much these days. My stomach is all messed up.) But I finished that salad!

She took home half of her sandwich for Scott and then we left.

We sat in the living room and bullshitted for a couple of hours. Then she left to get Keldon, drop him off at her mother's and go to the dentist.

I was texting my friend Courtney when she mentioned that she had a miscarriage yesterday.That bummed me out. But, as I told her, she already has three boys under four years old and maybe it was time to give her body a break. She just laughed and said her and Mike were going to try again in the Fall.

Amanda sent me a text after the dentist. It didn't go well. They could only do a temporary filling and she'll need either a crown or a bridge, neither of which are cheap. So, I was bummed again.

I used the last of Melissa's lunch meat to make a huge turkey sandwich with Swiss cheese, lettuce and mayonnaise for my dinner, along with one of her pickles.

I watched "Young Guns" and "Young Guns II" and then finally fell asleep around 1:30 a.m..

No comments:

Post a Comment