Friday, March 30, 2018

Rainy days and Thursdays

It was rainy and cold on Thursday...

My infusion time had been changed to 2:30 p.m. today so I could see the doctor.

That annoyed me as it would be a long wait at the house. But, then I realized that I had lots of other chores to do.

So, I left the house around 11:00 a.m. First I stopped at Time Out to pick up my fudge. Keldon's school was selling it for some fund raiser. It was Marshall's Fudge from Mackinaw (family owned since 1923). I got two kinds: Chocolate English Walnut and Chocolate Cherry Cordial.

From there, I drove up to Farmington and my eye doctor's. I had fallen asleep reading and apparently rolled on my glasses. Both lenses had popped out and the frames were bent. So, I was wearing an old pair. It took them quite a while, but they eventually fixed them (for free).

Sidebar: Love you guys!

I was going to go grocery shopping, but I couldn't find my list! I was also going to get my haircut, but then realized that my barber doesn't work on Thursday.

I did fill up the gas tank on the truck. Then I leisurely drove to Barnes and Nobles to kill more time. Next I drove to the doctor's, but I was still an hour too early. So, I sat out in the truck and read my book until I had to use the bathroom. So, I went inside, apologizing for being a half hour early and used the john.

They took me in early, anyway.

My doctor came in during what I thought was my last infusion. She said they had checked and in the six weeks of this antibiotic, I had missed six days. She said my leg wasn't leaking, but she felt I would really benefit by having the full six weeks. So, she asked if I would come in for one more week. I reluctantly agreed.

I drove home in hard rain. I didn't feel like making dinner, nor did I feel like eating out. So, I stopped at Kroger's and picked up a BBQ rotisserie chicken and a tub of potato salad.

Back home, I treated the cat and changed clothes. I started a  load of laundry and found my missing grocery list in the pocket of one of my dirty shirts.

I had the chicken and potato salad for dinner. The chicken could have used a spicier BBQ sauce and the potato salad was a bit boring. But, it all tasted good and I have leftovers. It still cost me less than a basic chicken dinner at, say Popeye's (which I love).

I watched the Nightly News.

I read until the NHL came on (Red Wings against the Sabers) and we won!

Based on Amanda's recommendation, I tried some of the Chocolate Cherry Cordial fudge for dessert (just a few thin slices - I am a Type 2 diabetic, after all). OMfreakingG!!! Fantastic!!!

I went back to reading until about 11:00 p.m. and then went to sleep.