Wednesday, February 7, 2018


I set the alarm, so I woke up early again on Tuesday. I had to be at St. Mary's (normally about a 15 minute drive from the house) at 9:00 a.m. for my new pic line. But, it had snowed overnight and the Traffic reporter on the news kept giving out dire warnings.

So, I left a little after 8:00 a.m. The surface streets were bad (the line to get on the expressway was ridiculous) but I still got to the hospital at 8:40. I apologized for being so early. But they took me in anyway.

I had the same nurse and technician that put the first pic line in. When she saw me, the nurse said, "What, you didn't like the last one?" I laughed and explained. Then the technician came in and he said, "You pull the other out?" I laughed and explained again.

Not sure why, but this one hurt more than the first one. He put a big gauze pad on it and bandaged it up.

So, I ended up too early at the doctor's office, too. But, they didn't make me wait until 10:00 a.m. either.

I went into the IV room. It was very long and there were about 20 what I would call medical lazy boy chairs. There were lazy boys, with a swivel metal tray on the right side arm rest.

I took off my coat and found I had bled through the gauze pad and my short sleeve shirt.

Sidebar: I probably got blood on my leather coat lining as well.

The nurse cleaned it all up and it took a while. Then she put a new bandage on it. She told me to soak my shirt in peroxide before washing it to get the blood out. She claimed it was a nurse's trick.

They took my vitals and drew some blood for a baseline. Finally, she was able to start the IV.

There was a TV turned to a morning show, but I had brought a book, so I ignored it.

I didn't get out of there until almost noon. My regular starting time for this will be 9:30 a.m. daily.

The roads were a little better on the trip home. I changed into a long sleeve shirt and soaked the blood stained sleeve in peroxide.

Because I blew her off yesterday, I met Amanda for lunch. There was a slight mixup. When we discussed it, she asked if we could go to Annie's. I assumed she meant Annie's House (in Westland at Newburgh and Warren - where Max and Erma's used to be). She sent me a text, saying she was here.I replied I was too. I said, "I don't see your car." She said, "Well, I don't see your truck!"

It turned out she was at Annie's (in Livonia at Plymouth Road and Farmington - where the Big Boy used to be).

She went in to get a table and I drove ten minutes back.

She had a patty melt and I had two coney dogs. We split an order of chili cheese fries. I had like three of them as I was a bit chili'd out after two coney dogs.

We made our goodbyes and I drove home. The garbage man had come so, before I went inside, I pulled the trash container around back.

I treated the cat, changed into shorts and a t-shirt and was sitting in my chair when the phone rang. It was my friend B___. We hadn't talked in over a week, so I caught him all up on my shenanigans.

I ate more of the spaghetti and meatballs for dinner. The shirt still had some pink on it, so I left it to soak overnight.

I watched my usual Tuesday night shows and went to bed at 11:00 with the alarm set again

No comments:

Post a Comment