Monday, February 12, 2018


LOL! I could cut and paste the first paragraph these last few days. All I need to change is what I had for breakfast! Today it was oatmeal again.

It was snowing when I left the house. In less than a half mile, it switched to freezing rain and sleet. Nice.

Got through the infusion and made it home safely. I changed my shirt (short sleeve to long sleeve) and then headed out again to meet Amanda and Keldon at Panera's for lunch. Keldon got a ham and cheese sandwich off the kid's menu, while Amanda and I ate soup. Broccoli and cheese in her case and New England clam chowder in mine.

We planned on going to the movies to see "Peter Rabbit." Amanda said it was stupid taking two vehicles. So, I drove back home and she followed me. Then I hopped in her car and we left for the Phoenix theater, next to the Laurel Park Mall.

Amanda and Keldon bought candy and soft drinks. I bought popcorn and a water. Then we went and found our seats.

Sidebar: The Phoenix theater had reclining seats! First time for me, but I enjoyed them.

The movie was fantastic!!! I loved it!!! Seriously, it was a great movie for both kids and adults.

They drove me back home and stayed for a bit. Then they left. Amanda's father was going to watch Keldon until Scott got off of work, while Amanda and her mother went to play bingo.

Sidebar: They asked me to come, but I begged off. I was tired and didn't feel like sitting for four hours.

I thought I might take a nap. But, I did two loads of laundry instead. One was the normal weekend one and the other was all the clothes I had been wearing over and over to clean off the driveway.

Sidebar: The two to four inches of snow never showed up. The weatherman said it was due to the freezing rain sucking up all the moisture in the air. I think he was just trying to cover his butt.

By the time I was done with that, it was dinner time.

The Sunday supper was another Melissa gift: Southern chicken breasts.

Sidebar: Don't ask me to explain. That's just what was written on the baggie.

I started by making my side dish. I peeled and cubed the other parsnip (I had bought two small ones rather than one big one) and got that boiling. Then I heated up the two small breaded chicken breasts.

I used the oven this time as I find the microwave turns breading into a soggy mess. A hot mess, as Carla would say, lol!

First I let the chicken breasts sit on the counter for 30 minutes to come up to room temperature. Then I preheated the oven to 400 degrees. I put a piece of aluminum foil on a cookie sheet, put the two chicken breast on that and covered them with another piece of foil. I put them in the oven for 20 minutes. Then I let them rest another five minutes.

The parsnips were ready by then, so I plated half of them and one chicken breast. I ate dinner watching the Olympics.

I was still hungry (probably didn't wait long enough after eating to realize I had had enough), so I ate the other chicken breast and the rest of the parsnips.

I dozed off watching the Olympics, so I missed Amanda's text. But she called me on her way home. She won $100.00!

I had slept for about an hour, so I went back to watching the Olympics and munched leftover movie popcorn.

I went to bed around 12:30 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment