Saturday, February 10, 2018


I woke up to the alarm (but an hour earlier than usual). I could see the snow coming down in the headlights of passing cars.

I made some scrambled eggs for breakfast. Then I shaved, showered and got dressed.

I left at 8:30 a.m. for my 9:30 appointment.  It took me 20 minutes yesterday on clear, dry surface streets. So, I figured if I tripled that, I should be okay.

Roads sucked. Everyone was fishtailing when turning or switching lanes. I kept in it four wheel drive high all the way (I dislike doing that as it uses way too much gas). I was 20 minutes early...

After she hooked me up, my nurse asked if I would like a cup of coffee. Without thinking, I said, "Sure!" So, she brought me one and I drank it. I spent the last half hour of the treatment squirming in my chair, trying not to pee my pants...

If anything, the roads were worse when I left to come home.

I warmed and ate a can of chili for lunch. I took an hour break, then suited up for more snow blowing. I had at least four inches of new snow on the driveway.

I finished getting the driveway clear by 2:30 p.m. Thank God I did it last night as the snow just blew off without heavy pushing. My only problem was that the wind was from the east. So, no matter which way I tried to blow it (north or south) it ended up in my face! I had to keep wiping my glasses off and my clothes were soaked when I finished up.

It was still snowing so "snow total" was premature. but I was trying to think of a visual cue for you. I finally came up with the state park grille as it was empty Thursday night. This is how it looked at 4:00 on Friday.

I changed into shorts and a t-shirt. I hung my long johns and jeans up to dry. No sense washing them yet as I will undoubtedly be needing them at least one more time this weekend.

I sat in the living room, reading with my legs up. I had a throw covering me and the cat in my lap. I stayed there until I got hungry.

I had thawed out Melissa's "spicy pulled pork" and I began to warm it in the microwave.

Sidebar: You know the drill. Heat one minute, stir and repeat until hot.

I had planned to bake some Ore-Ida crinkle cut fries but that seemed like too much trouble, now.

I got out the store-bought cole slaw Melissa also brought, along with her onion buns and pickles.

When the pork was hot, I generously added it to the bun and topped that with the cole slaw (it's how I like my pulled pork sandwiches). A pickle on the plate and I was ready to go. Tasted great! So great, I began to doubt myself, so I made another one just to make sure. Hmmm... Yep! Great! She nailed it!

I knew Michelle Pace's company gave them the day off, Courtney was home watching the boys and Little Caesar's had Vicky working from home, so I only had one more to worry about. Amanda left work around 6:00 p.m. for home (normally a 20 minute trip). She called me at 7:00 p.m. to say she made it home. Smart girl! She avoided the freeways and surface streets for most of the way by taking Hines Drive from Newburgh to Ford Road.

I watched some of the opening ceremonies for the Olympics while reading (I find the march of the athlete's countries EXTREMELY boring). I dozed off around 11:00 p.m. I woke up, shut off the light and went to bed for real.