Saturday, February 17, 2018

Friday Follies

Friday's breakfast was cold cereal topped with a sliced banana.

I stopped at Home Depot on the way back to get a light bulb for the living room floor lamp. The old one burned out and all I had was the super bright daylight bulbs I use outside. I bought a soft white LED. It's supposed to last for 13+ years. So, it will probably outlive me, lol!

I also stopped at CVS to pick up that prescription my doctor was supposed to call in. But CVS didn't get that call. So, when I got home, I called the doctor's office. It took a while, but they finally called it in. I still had one more day's pills, so I'll pick it up on Saturday.

I ate another sandwich for lunch. Then I took a nap. I set the alarm for 4:30 p.m., just in case.

I left the house at 5:00 p.m. and drove to Time Out. Amanda waw just getting off work, so I switched to her car (she likes to drive - I don't).

We had finally come up with a new restaurant to try! So we went to Northville and the Guernsey Farms Dairy. A lot of people go there just for the milk and ice cream, but they also have a restaurant.

Sidebar: You get a cup of ice cream for dessert with any meal. Amanda got the salmon (what else?). I was supposed to get fettuccine Alfredo with shrimp. But they messed up my order and it came with a piece if salmon on top. The waitress took it back to get the order right. But, by the time the shrimp was ready, the Alfredo sauce had thickened. They heated it back up (probably with a microwave). So, the shrimp were excellent. The fettuccine Alfredo, not so much.

We both asked for our ice cream to go, so we could share a strawberry sundae. Now, that was fantastic!!! It had strawberry ice cream layered with the lightest cake I ever tasted.

Amanda bought a tub of cookie dough ice cream and a gallon of chocolate milk for Scott and Keldon. She said I had to try the chocolate milk, so I bought a little half-pint of it (the size you get for school lunches).

We got a little lost on the way back, but we figured it out. All part of the adventure, lol! She dropped me off at my truck and then we both went to our respective houses.

Back home, I put the ice cream in the freezer and the milk in the fridge. I watched the Olympics and read a bit. I ended up going to bed at 1:00 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment