Wednesday, January 24, 2018


I woke up to the alarm (set for 7:30 a.m.) on Tuesday. I need a haircut!!!

Sidebar: My last haircut was before Christmas. I have trimmed my beard (just to keep hair out of my mouth when I eat, lol) but I was looking like a bum! I filled in the Blog post (you're welcome) and then decided on breakfast.

After checking my blood sugar, I ate two Eggo blueberry waffles with maple syrup. Then I took my pills. Finally, I administered my antibiotics (that takes almost a half hour, BTW).

It was after 9:00 a.m. so I called my barber and got an 11:30 appointment.

I shaved, showered and got dressed for town.Then I headed out.

After my haircut, I stopped at Kroger's to pick up items I needed. This was not a real grocery shopping trip. I just grabbed the items I'd run out of: Milk, eggs, onions, apples, etc.It was small enough I could use the "15 Items or Less" checkout.

But, about halfway through, I started feeling weak and dizzy. I kept telling myself that, if I passed out, I'd end up back in the hospital. That was all I needed to make it through and out to the truck. I sat there until I felt good enough to drive back home.

I rested up for an hour or so and then ate lunch (half a cantaloupe - they were on sale and looked good). Next, I began dinner. I made a tuna pasta salad with celery and egg. For the pasta I used shell macaroni. I fine-diced four stalks of celery and half a small onion. To that I added the four eggs (diced) and one can of drained tuna (I prefer tuna in oil, myself). I put in the drained and cooled shells and some dried thyme, salt and pepper. I added in about 2/3 cup of mayonnaise and mixed it all up. I added more salt and pepper after a taste-test.

I made a rookie mistake! I cooked the pasta according to the box directions (for al dente, cook for 10 minutes). So, when the timer went off, I drained it and then added cold water (twice) and drained it both times. But, I never tasted it, before adding it!!! So, the pasta was a tad under-cooked. Stupid. But, too late to go back.

The visiting nurse called and said she'd be here around 10:00 a.m. tomorrow. The supplies will be here tonight between 6:00-9:00 p.m. (he came closer to 6:00 last week). So, I decided to hold off on dinner.

My brother Carl called and we talked for a bit.

Not eating earlier was a mistake, as the guy didn't show up until 7:30 p.m.

I watched my usual Tuesday night shows and the news. Then I went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment