Monday, January 1, 2018

New Year's Eve

I didn't sleep well. But, when I did my usual several trips to pee during the night, the bathroom was lit by the most beautiful moon! I finally gave up at 6:00 a.m. and got up.

It took two cups of coffee to finish the Blog post. I ran my usual routines and then realized it was Sunday. So, I added in the Sunday chores as well.

I warmed up the last slice of the ham steak while I made over easy eggs. I wished I had some bread for toast as I had to leave a lot of yolk on the plate.

I was invited to go see the new Jumanji movie this afternoon, but I decided to pass. I had a lot of things to do today.

So, I shaved, showered and got dressed for town. Then I headed out.

First stop was the gas station to fill up the truck. Then I drove to Kroger's. In retrospect, that was a mistake!

I was out of a few things (like bread), so this wasn't a full-blown grocery shopping. So, I could have put it off a day or two. But, I went anyway.

The store was packed! People were running into each other's carts, it was stop and go traffic down every aisle, and so on. And there were five or six carts in every checkout line (and they were all open). Why?

Were people trying to get what they needed for New Year's Eve parties or New year's dinner? I dunno. I just know it was crazy.

I finally got out of there and went back home. I took off my town clothes and started a load of laundry.

Then I put away all the Christmas decorations and put my regular stuff back up, after washing all the glass surfaces.

I folded and/or hung up the laundry. Then I warmed up a bowl of stew and a dumpling for an early dinner.

I watched some reruns while reading. I started getting sleepy around 10:00 p.m., so I had a couple cups of coffee. I wanted to stay up until midnight, just to watch 2017 die!!!

I turned to the station to watch the ball drop. When it did, the gun shots started! It sounded like Beirut out here!!!

Sidebar: There have been several appeals the past few years to convince people to ring bells instead of shooting off guns. I didn't hear a single bell, here. Just World War II.

I got several texts from both Jake and Amanda (I knew Vicky was already asleep as she has to work New Year's Day). Then I put the phone on the charger and went to bed.

I was just dozing off when the phone blipped again. I got back up and checked. It was another New Year's message, this time from Michelle Pace. I replied and went to bed for real.

No comments:

Post a Comment