Thursday, December 14, 2017

Taking a snow day...

I woke up at 6:00 a.m. I immediately turned on the TV to see if the forecast had changed (it hadn't). Still supposed to start snowing this morning but getting the heaviest between 5-7:00 p.m. (over an inch an hour!)

I went and got a cup of coffee and finished the Blog post. It was already lightly snowing (almost flurries) with small little snow flakes.

I ate oatmeal and my pills for breakfast. I watched the morning shows on TV until 10:30 a.m. and then shaved, took a long shower and put my t-shirt and shorts back on. Once again, after the steamy shower, I could breathe much easier.

At 12:00 p.m., the snow had increased, but was still these little flakes.

Now, my friend B___, who has a little 18" gasoline powered snow blower, told me when it's supposed to be really deep, he goes out halfway through the storm and cleans his driveway and sidewalk. Then he does it again when the storm is over. He says it's easier that way. But, I think he meant heavy, wet snow which this is not. So, I decided to wait until tomorrow and then clean the driveway.

Instead, I took another long nap. I woke up choking on my own phlegm. It was NOT a pleasant experience.

I got one of those robo-calls from the drugstore, telling me I had a prescription ready. That made no sense as I'd just picked up all refills a little while ago. So, I called the pharmacy. It was for the Glipizide I'd asked the doctor's receptionist for. So, the doctor did get my message! However, when she had told me to stop taking it at my last appointment, I had just refilled it. So, I told the pharmacy I already had almost 90 of them left and they could put it back on the shelf.

Then, the doctor's office called to tell me my doctor had called it in. I thanked them and asked if the doctor has filled out the "permission slip." They said no, she wanted at least a week of low blood sugar reading first. Then she said my doctor would be on vacation for the next two weeks! So, obviously, the cataract surgery will be sometime in January, dammit!

Both Vicky and Amanda went into work today. Amanda (who was supposed to work until 5:00 p.m.) listened to her customer's stories about the road conditions (thank God - she wouldn't listen to me) and left work at 2:00 p.m. She drove to Keldon's school and picked him up. Then she went home and sent me a text that she had made it.

So, then I only had one chica more to worry about. The trouble is Vicky works four days a week, 10 hours a day. So, she was supposed to work until 7:00 p.m. If you knew Vicky, you would know she stayed! But, she only had to drive from downtown Detroit to the west side. She sent me a text that she got home safely. Whew!

Even though I didn't eat any lunch, I wasn't really hungry (especially for chicken limp-noodle soup). So, I just snacked on Ritz crackers and peanut butter, washed down with hot coffee.

The snow had tapered off but it was too dark to take a decent picture. So, I took one for you Thursday morning. Here's what I got here in Redford, yesterday:

I both read and half-watched TV until a 12:30 a.m. bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment