Wednesday, November 1, 2017


I woke up at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, aka Halloween. I had some coffee and then ate breakfast.

Sidebar: I came across an old box of Honey Nut Cheerios that was pushed back in the cupboard. The expiration date was still okay, but it had been opened. So I ate a bowl of it. It was a little stale, but tasted okay.

I started a load of laundry and then shaved, showered and got dressed for town. I needed to go to Home Depot for some Grade 0000 steel wool.

Sidebar: When we were visiting Dave and Melissa's, I was telling Dave about the frustration of the painted cradle being rough in spots. I mentioned I had sanded some of it with 220 grit sandpaper but all that did was take the paint off. He suggested a finer grit paper. But, when I thought about it later, I decided to try fine steel wool. I figured that would conform better to the curves I was dealing with.

I bought another hot dog for lunch on the way out. Those things are like crack to me, LOL!!!

It was lightly snowing on the way home.

I changed clothes and put the wash in the dryer while starting another load in the washer. Then I ran the dishwasher.

Sidebar: I usually run out of silverware long before dishes. So the bottom rack is always half empty. Seems like a waste, but I do need glasses and silverware.

I tested the steel wool and it does seem to work. But it takes a lot of rubbing and makes quite the mess.

I warmed up the beef and gravy and served it on bread for my dinner. I also heated up some frozen sweet corn for a side. Both were excellent and I thought briefly about seconds. But then I thought better.

I turned the porch light on and waited for the trick or treaters, reading in my chair. It's been years now since any came and this year was no different. I gave up at 9:00 p.m. I guess I'll have to be content to live vicariously through other people's Facebook posts of their trick or treat photos.

I had just started watching the 11:00 p.m. news when I got a text from Amanda. She asked if I was still awake and I responded, "Yes. Why?"

She said she was just leaving Annie's after watching their girly shows and was hungry. She wondered if I wanted to meet her at the Ram's Horn (Joy and Middle Belt) for a late dinner/early breakfast.

I didn't feel like going out in the cold, but decided it sounded better than watching the Tonight Show with the cat.

We both chose breakfast. She had scrambled eggs with home fries and french toast. I ordered blueberry pancakes with a side of link sausage. Neither of us could finish (the pancakes were as big as a dinner plate and there where three of them). So we got boxes and took the rest home.

I gave her the bag of Snickers I had bought for the trick or treat kids. There was no way she needed more candy in her house, but I didn't need them in mine.

Sidebar: I used to bring my unused candy into work the day after Halloween, but that's no longer an option.

Back home, I undressed for bed. I watched the end of the Daily Show. Then I turned off the TV and the light and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment