Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Fran's Birthday

Tuesday was Amanda's mother's, Fran's, birthday. So, Amanda took the day off work to take Fran to Bingo. Fran asked if I could come along, so I did.

Sidebar: Apparently, there is a Bingo game going on someplace every day.

I assumed we would be going to breakfast beforehand., so I didn't eat when I took my pills. That was a mistake!

They picked me up around 10:00 a.m. and we headed out to the American Legion Hall, Post 409 in Allen Park. Amanda made one stop to buy a helium birthday balloon. She wanted to tie it to her mother's chair.

We got there early, but not in time for breakfast. Fortunately, they sold food there (they all do). I got a BLT (closest thing to breakfast they had) and Amanda and Fran split a turkey club. I managed to eat mine before they started.

Neither I or Amanda won anything, but Fran won $50.00! Nice birthday present.

Sidebar: Twice I needed only one number to win! I have never been that close before!!! Damn!

Unfortunately, Fran forgot she had to renew her driver's license this year. So, Amanda checked the SOS website where they have a bar chart (I did not know this) of how busy each office is. It said the one on Joy Road (across from that little market I'm always talking about) wasn't that busy. So, we took her there and dropped her off.

Sidebar: It looked pretty busy to me, but nobody was standing.

While she was waiting, Amanda drove me home. She still tried to talk me into coming to the birthday dinner at Outback. She said her Dad wanted me to come (probably so he had another guy to talk to - Keldon has bronchitis and Scott is staying home with him). I still begged off, for two reasons:

1. I am not that fond of Outback. I think it is pricey and the food is mediocre, at best.
2. I really don't like to be involved with family events.

So, I got home around 3:30 p.m. I changed into shorts and a t-shirt and sat on the porch for a long time, reading in the rocker. Why? It was an amazing 65 degrees and sunny!!!

Back inside, I pulled the truck out. I thought I would start on the shelves, but I really didn't feel like it. So, I pulled the truck back in, LOL!

Sidebar: Caley was happy as she insists on getting a treat anytime the garage door goes up and down.

I was pretty tired of turkey, so I made a frozen pizza for dinner.

I watched my usual shows and was asleep with the light off at 11:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment