Sunday, November 19, 2017

Come Saturday Morning...

I woke up for good at 5:00 a.m. The heavy overnight rain had stopped (at least for a while). I read in bed waiting for the 6:00 a.m. local news.

I made some scrambled eggs for breakfast and put blackberry jam on the last to pieces of toast. I ate those for desert.

I moved the cradle upstairs for the photo shoot. It was awkward to carry and I bumped the rocker bumpers on one side.

Sidebar: Not as awkward as the one I made for Vicky, which was much larger. Speaking of Vicky, when she was over, she was looking at it and played with it. She said, "This one rocks better than mine." That made me feel bad, but in my defense, it's hard to get them perfect when you rough-cut them with a saber saw and try to smooth them to perfection with a belt sander.

When I looked at the photos, I saw two white spots on the rocker bumpers "Oh shit!" I thought, "I hope that's just a reflection!" I went to look and it was not. I bumped off the slate gray paint and the white primer was showing.

So, I threw on some clothes (I still had not shaved and showered) and ran up to Home Depot around 10:30 a.m. I was glad the rain hadn't resumed. I spoke too soon. I paid my $1.43 and walked out into light rain.

Back home, I thought about starting lunch. I decided to make a tuna noodle salad and it has to chill before eating. So, I boiled some small sea shell macaroni.

While that cooked, I drained two cans of tuna fish and put that in a bowl. I diced up half an onion and some celery. I grabbed a handful of frozen peas, too. That went into the bowl as well. I added about 1/2 cup of milk to 1 1/2 cups of mayonnaise and two tablespoon of dill pickle juice (you were supposed to use dried dill weed but I didn't have any). I mixed that all together and then mixed it into the tuna fish bowl.

When the pasta was done, I drained it and then rinsed it several times in cold water. When it was cold, I put it in the tuna fish bowl and carefully folded it together. I tasted it and realized I forgot salt and pepper. I added that and stuck it in the fridge.

I did a load of laundry and mopped the main bathroom.

I ate lunch around noon. It was pretty good, but I felt like it was missing "something."

I touched up the paint on the cradle and then took a break. I had the Michigan Spartans football game on while I read in bed. I fell asleep but a call from Amanda woke me up. She had to work today and noticed the heavy rain had turned to snow! I looked out the window and, sure enough, it was snowing.

My daughter Melissa called and we talked for a long, long time  (2 1/2 hours).

After we hung up, I ate more pasta salad for dinner. It finally dawned on me that it probably needed hard boiled eggs. I was done eating by then, but I hard boiled the last three eggs I had. I put them in the fridge to chill.

I read in the living room until 10:00 p.m. Before I went in to watch TV, I went out on the porch. Both the rain and snow had stopped, but it was windy and cold.

I went to bed around 1:00 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment