Saturday, October 21, 2017

Finally Friday

I woke up early again on Friday. It was a little chilly (mid 40's) but supposed to warm up to near 70 degrees later.

I made a fried egg sandwich for my breakfast. Then I got dressed in work clothes (figured I'd shave and shower later).

I pulled the truck outside and got my space organized to work on the cradle.

Sidebar: More and more I wish I'd built a workshop out back when I was working and had the money!

I finish-sanded the two rockers. Then, with great difficulty, I screwed them onto the cradle bottom.

Sidebar: I like to screw them on, rather than just nail, because I assume they will take the most stress.

I took a break and had a cup of coffee sitting on the porch rocker.

Back at work, I cut out eight braces for the rockers. I used the brad nailer and glue to attach them.

I let the glue on those dry while I filled in the screw holes with wood putty. Then I double-checked I hadn't missed any nail holes. Found two I forgot to putty (whoops).

It was after 1:00 p.m. and I was hungry. But, before I made myself some lunch, I wanted to tighten the bolts holding down the toilet in the main bath.

Sidebar: Ever since that two week bout of diarrhea a while back, the toilet rocks a little when you sit on it. Even Amanda has mentioned it. I assumed all my mad dashes and dives to it loosened the bolts.

But, when I took the little decorative cap off, half of the bolt came with it. It had rusted completely through!!!


So, I drove to Home Depot and bought a toilet wax ring kit that came with new bolts. On the way out, I bought two hot dogs. I topped them with mustard and onions and ate them in the truck before heading back home. Lunch solved!

I was tired, so I didn't attempt to fix the toilet then. Instead I took a long nap.

When I woke up, I put the garage back in order and pulled the truck inside. Then I shaved, showered and got dressed.

Amanda had to work until 5:00 p.m., so she picked up Keldon from her mother's afterwards. Then they both picked me up. That's when I learned that our dinner plans had changed ("if it's okay with you"). Seems her mother and father were joining us (no problem) and the restaurant had changed.

Instead of Archie's or Daly's (good food, low prices) we were meeting at Outback ("if it's okay with you"). Now, I am not impressed with Outback's food (mediocre at best) or prices (don't forget, these folks all have jobs - I don't). But, what could I say?

After dinner, her folks went home and we wen to to Michael's (all their Halloween stuff was discounted 50-70% and Amanda loves Halloween.

They dropped me off around 8:00 p.m. I thought briefly about working on either the toilet or the cradle, but decided against it. I fell asleep watching some taped DIY shows. I woke up just after 11:00, so I watched the news and the Tonight show. Then I went to bed for real.

No comments:

Post a Comment