Wednesday, September 27, 2017


It was another hot one on Tuesday. in fact we broke the all time record of 91 degrees  on September 26. We hit 93!!!

Sidebar: It was also the hottest day of the year.

There will be a cold front moving through on Wednesday which will bring temps down to more Fall-like readings.

Despite going to bed at 12:30 a.m., I woke up on Tuesday at 5:30 a.m. and could not fall back asleep.

Because of my food excesses the night before, I chilled it at breakfast. I sliced up a Granny Smith apple and ate it with salt. It ws a tart, but tasty meal.

The front of both my thighs were burning and it was hard to walk (back to my cane). I know what happened. It was going up and down the concrete steps several times to and from the East Club (with its food and restrooms) from way down in Row 9.

I was watching the morning news when I heard a short beep. WTF? I went and checked the phone (it was still on the charger) but nothing there. Hmmm... Weird.

It happened several time until I figured out it was the smoke detector. I got the step stool (I have one that holds tools inside). But it's a little tall and I could not step up on it with either leg. Damn!

So, I went and got the little step ladder Jake and Carla left me (the steps are lower). That worked! I got it down and changed the batteries. But, the test button didn't work and it still beeped every now and then.

So, I read the back of it and found the pattern of the beeps indicated the unit had failed from age and needed to be replaced. Sigh... Since I put all three in at the same time (when I moved in), I suppose I should buy three new ones.

But not today. I am not going outside if I can help it.

I ate another ham sandwich for lunch.

I worked and hand sanding more of the veneer edging on the toy box in the afternoon. I would rest for a bit whenever my arms ached too much.

Sidebar: There is a lot of edging on that sucker and I haven't even gotten the top edged. But, I still think I can get it done this week. Then I have to knock out a cradle and Betsy's shelves.

I had a hot dog with some Bush's baked beans for dinner.

I watched my Tuesday shows and went to bed at 11:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment