Thursday, August 3, 2017


I woke up at 7:00 a.m. on Wednesday. I ate some toast and my pills for breakfast, then put on shorts and a t-shirt.  I hadn't made my bed yet, but I went and finished the Blog post. Then I heard a funny sound. So, I went and checked in the bedroom. The damn cat had barfed on the sheets!

So, cursing (I admit) I cleaned up the mess. She missed the blanket that normally protects the bed (I had just thrown it back). So, I sprayed the area with Spray and Wash and put both sheets and the pillow cases (might as well) in the washer and started a load.

It was supposed to start raining around 1:00 a.m., so I went out back and picked up branches that had fallen.

Back inside, I made up the bed. Next, I shaved, showered and got dressed. Then I drove my old clothes and books to the Goodwill.

Since I was that far west, I went to Time Out for lunch. I ordered a side salad.

Sidebar: Bob makes a pretty damn good side salad. It come with iceberg lettuce, two tomato wedges, two thick slices of cucumber, a healthy handful of two cheeses and lots of croutons. I used to ask for bleu cheese dressing, (my favorite), but found that a bit too thick. So, now I get raspberry vinaigrette.

I was just starting to eat when thee of my former coworkers came in: Lenore (my old boss), John Stanford (my last boss) and Courtney. Lenore and John waved to me on their way to a table in the high-top area, but Courtney came over and gave me a hug.

I finished up, paid my tab and went to the bathroom. On the way out, I stopped and chatted with them for a bit. It seems I'd forgotten a few personal items when I left, so I stopped by the old office and picked them up.

Since I was that far west, I drove into Plymouth and took Hines Drive all the way back to Inkster and then went home. There weren't a lot of people (probably too hot) but it was a pleasant drive and it relaxed me (as always).

Back home, it was after 1:30 p.m. with no sign of rain. I changed into shorts and t-shirt again. Then I did one of today's projects. I cleaned the glass surfaces on both nightstands, the dresser and the mirror in the bedroom.

The skies darkened and I thought it would rain. Then the sun would come back out! This happened again and again. It was very frustrating for a guy with a burnt up lawn!

I went out to try and fix the front porch rocker. I've done this many times before as well as painting it several times. But, frankly, this time I don't think I can save it.

Sidebar: This rocker is very old. I carted it here from St. Clair.

This time the one rocker cracked apart in several places.

So, I moved it to the garage apron and filled the various cracks with glue.

I clamped it together and carried it to the front porch (in case it does rain) to dry overnight.

I'll try and screw it together once it's dry.

I put away the glue and washed up. It began to thunder and, around 4:00 p.m., it finally rained! And it rained hard!!!

It only rained about an hour. But, when it was over, I had just under an inch of rain in the gauge. Thank you, rain gods!!!

I ate the other half of the Subway sandwich for dinner.

I could find anything that sounded interesting on TV. So, I read until bedtime, first tin the living room and then on the bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment