Saturday, August 19, 2017


Note: I apologize the the lateness of this post. I read a book late into the night, overslept and was in the shower when my ride called this morning to say she was on her way. So, I had to hustle just to have clothes on when they got here, much less writing the Blog post.

I woke up at 7:45 a.m. on Friday. I made a cup of horrible coffee and some oatmeal to eat with my pills.

Sidebar: I ran out of my preferred "Caribou" coffee. They stopped selling it in bulk at Costco a while back, so I joined Sam's Club. Now they don't sell it either! So, when I was at GFS, I bought a box of off-brand (called "Mosaic") that was advertised as having 100% compostable pods (a sore spot with most k-cup users).  It was 100% Colombian Arabica coffee. Now, I admit I am not a gourmet coffee drinker, but apparently, 100% Colombian Arabica coffee means "bitter as hell!"

I watched some of the morning news shows and then shaved, showered, dressed and got to work.

First I did the routine house chores (swept the kitchen and wood floors, vacuumed the rug, emptied the dishwasher, etc.). I may be retired, but I refuse to have a messy house, dammit! Then I got started back on the toy box.

I got the veneer edging on one side of the front facing edges. That's when I realized I was running out of the edging. I searched high and low, knowing (or maybe hoping) I'd bought two rolls. But, if I did, I couldn't find the second roll.

So, I changed into my "town" clothes and headed for Home Depot. I bought the second roll. It was after 12:30 p.m., so I bought a hot dog on the way out and ate it in the truck for my lunch.

Since I was out anyway, I headed to Kroger's to pick up some some things. I left there $29.00 poorer and went back home.

I treated Caley, changed back into my shorts and t-shirt and put away the few groceries. Then I went back to work on the toy box.

I finally finished the other side of the front facing edge (I told you this is a time consuming, labor intensive, precise process). I had the material to go on, but not the will. So, I took a nap instead.

I woke up near 6:00 p.m. I watched the news until I was hungry. So, I made dinner. I had thawed out a pound of ground chuck, so I browned that, drained the grease off and added a can of Manwich.

Sidebar: I know you can make a delicious sloppy joe yourself, but I didn't have the patience or time. Plus, Manwich tastes good to me.

I filled up one of the buns I had purchased earlier and plated it with pure Michigan: a McClure's pickle and Better Made potato chips.

It was excellent!!!

I couldn't find anything interesting on TV, so I shut it off. I read my book until I forced myself to put it down and turned the light off at 2:30 a.m.!

Sidebar: I am becoming my Mother! My Mother used to complain she couldn't stop reading because she wanted to see what came next and thus went late into the night. I guess the apple didn't fall far from the tree...

No comments:

Post a Comment