Saturday, August 5, 2017

Finally Friday

I woke up at 7:45 a.m. on Friday (had a restless night's sleep). It was 78 degrees and overcast. I made scrambled eggs topped with ketchup (a childhood favorite) for breakfast.

I putzed around until 11:00 a.m., when I shaved, showered and got dressed.

Sidebar: They said there "might" be spotty showers but, of course, not here. 

I needed to go grocery shopping. My plan was to go on a weekday and after lunch hour.

Sidebar: I know lots of women (including my daughter, Melissa) who go shopping on weekdays at lunch time to avoid going on the weekends).

So, I left at 1:00 p.m. I was surprised at how windy it had gotten. When I got to Kroger's, I was amazed! The parking lot was more packed than Saturday morning. WTF?

But, I was there, so I braved the crowds.

I missed one item on my list (kitchen trash bags) and walked away $84.00 poorer.

Back home, I left the truck outside to unload it. I treated the cat and put everything away. Then I put the truck away and buttoned everything up for the night. It still felt warm, so I changed into shorts and a t-shirt

The project for today was to try and fix my fishing reel. It got messed up when Amanda and I were attempting to get my hook off a rock it was stuck on last week.

Sidebar: Should have just cut the line.

I took it all apart, but didn't see anything obviously stripped or broken. So, I put it all back together again.

Sidebar: Pain in the butt (too many little parts), but I'd really rather not buy a new one.

Seems to be working okay, but I won't know until I'm on a lake again.

I made myself a simple iceberg lettuce salad with bottled Italian dressing for dinner.

I went outside around 6:30 p.m. to get the mail and was freezing my ass off! I went inside and checked the temperature on the internet and it was now 64 degrees!!! It's supposed to go below 50 degrees overnight. Did Mother Nature think it was October?

I watched Rambo, First Blood for the millionth time. I started watching Rambo II, but fell asleep about halfway through. later, I woke up for a bathroom break, turned off he TV and went to bed for real.

No comments:

Post a Comment