Thursday, July 20, 2017

Warm Wednesday

It was still hot and sticky, even when I woke up, on Wednesday. I had a long night of little sleep, again.

I shaved, showered and got dressed in shorts and a t-shirt. I made some scrambled eggs for breakfast.

I waited until after 9:00 a.m and then called the Redford Townships offices about my trash. It was still sitting out there, full. I got redirected to the new waste service.

Sidebar: The township switched waste pickup services in July.

I was on hold for at least 20 minutes (I was originally the 16th caller on hold), but I finally talked to a human. I explained that no one had picked up my trash and asked if they just wanted me to put it back out next week (not my favorite option). They took down my name and address and said to leave it out, they would send the "supervisor" truck to get it.

Sidebar: This pick up service offers free garbage and recycle cans than can be picked up with a robot arm. But, apparently, I have to go to their website and ask for them.

Then I went back to the computer and spent several hours trying to get my loan number for Nissan Finance. I am sure they originally sent it to me, but I can't find it! But, I finally got it and then got my payoff. I think with draining all my savings and a 401k distribution, I can pay this off. No way can I afford close to a $500.00 a month payment on just Social Security. But, there goes my safety net...

I went and took a nap.

I woke up at 3:00 p.m. I ate two hot dogs for a late lunch/early dinner.

At 4:30 p.m., I shaved, showered and got dressed in street clothes.  Then I putzed until after 5:30 p.m., when Amanda and her mother, Fran, picked me up for bingo.

While I was waiting, I checked outside and the trash had been emptied. So, I retrieved my trashcan and the mail. Damn, it was stifling out there!

They finally showed up and we headed ou to the Wolverine Sports and Conservation Club on Grand River and Inkster. They waned to show me playing bingo with what they called "machines."

Sidebar:It's basically a tablet. You get a lot more cards that are filled in electronically. But a LOT more expensive.

I also bought two sheets of cards this time, instead of the usual one I am used to. By comparison, Amanda and her Mom buy three.

But, by God, I spent four hours of intense concentration to not miss any numbers. I completely ignored the tablet.

Sidebar: I think this is why I like bingo. You can read or watch TV and your thoughts will wander to things (like money) that bother you. You cannot do this with real bingo. You have to focus.

At the end of the night, Fran had won $150.00 and Amanda $50.00. I still had nothing...

On the way home, we stopped at Wendy's. They were hungry (I was not) but we all ordered the Wendy's Junior bacon cheese burgers. They ate theirs in the car, I took mine home.

Amanda carried in my food for me. We said our goodbyes and, after they left, I ate mine.

Sidebar: First time I'd tried it, but it was really good.  Fries were cold, though.

I was wired from the bingo, so couldn't fall asleep until about 1:30 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment