Wednesday, July 12, 2017


I didn't turn on the alarm, so I woke up after 6:00 a.m. I turned on the news and got a cup of coffee. When I was tired of watching the news, I took the trash out to the road. Then I swept the whole house.

I made some breakfast, had another cup of coffee and took my pills.

Amanda called around 10:30 a.m. We were supposed to go swimming in some lake around here after she finished work at 2:00 p.m., but her father asked her to run some errands. So, she figured it would be too late and too crowded.

Sidebar: I was looking forward to swimming, though. It was a hot, humid day and I haven't been swimming all year.

She suggested going to bingo with her mother tonight, but in a different place. I said sure (I was hoping to hell it it was air conditioned).

She said they'd pick me up around 5:30 p.m. (I have NO idea where Saint Priscilla church in Livonia is).

I shaved and showered and got dressed. Then I drove to CVS and picked up some prescriptions ($119.00 - I can't afford to be healthy anymore, LOL).

Back home, I changed into shorts and a t-shirt.

I went out back and watered the container gardens. I checked on the vegetable garden and saw it was more than time to tie up the tomato plants, so I got the Velcro tape from the shed and got that done. It looked much better (although it needs weeding). It was hot and really muggy, so I decided to weed another day.

My back was hurting (probably from that damn chair yesterday) so I laid down around 2:00 p.m. I was going to take a nap, but couldn't fall asleep so I read, instead.

It rained briefly while I was reading but not enough to register in the rain gauge.

Amanda called again around 5:00 p.m. and said traffic was so bad on Plymouth Road between Middle Belt and Telegraph, (and it is - one lane either way and construction everywhere) and asked if it would it be okay to pick me up first.  I was dressed by then and said sure. So she did and then we drove the half mile or so to her parents house.

I went in and met her dad, who had just got home from work. Then we headed out for bingo. We ate at the church. I got a hot dog, while they both ordered pizza, which they claimed was excellent (it looked it). The hot dog was great, by the way.

We played for four hours (like at the Elk's Club). I was just two numbers from winning once, when somebody yelled "Bingo!" Dammit!!!

Sidebar: There is something I like about bingo. It requires a lot of intense concentration. Plus, it gets me out of the house, and I think I spend too much time alone.

My daughter, Melissa called, so I answered and told her I'd call her back.

It was the last game of the night, with a $500.00 prize, when Amanda hit it! Unfortunately, another person hit it it at the same moment, so she had to share it and got only $250.00. But that's the most she's ever won and the look on her face made me smile.

We dropped her mother off and then Amanda dropped me off around 10:30 p.m. I got in the trashcan as she was driving off.

I called Melissa back and woke her up. I apologized and told her I'd call her tomorrow.Then I went to bed.