Monday, July 31, 2017

Sunday Road Trip

So, I woke up on Sunday around 7:30 a.m. I ate the last two Eggo waffles for breakfast, took my pills and started the Sunday morning chores. I also started the last load of weekend wash (cat threw up on the bed).

Then I shaved, showered and got dressed. I sent a text to Erik just before 11:00 a.m., asking if it was too early to come get the drill press. He said, "No, that's fine." It was at his brother Forrest's house in Fair Haven, just off Marine City Highway and Palms Road.

So, I plugged the address into the phone and headed out. It took me just over an hour (it was a hike!)

When I got there, both Forest and Erik were off, running errands. So, I sat outside and chatted with their mother, Betsy (who I've know all my life). They were setting up for another outdoor party. Apparently, they had one yesterday, too. I suppose its a going away party for friends and family to say goodbye to Erik, who is heading back to Massachusetts (I think) tomorrow.

Sidebar: Betsy told me my brother Carl was supposed to come today, LOL!

Forest, came back first, with tons of ice (it looked like they had seating for 50 people in the garage and outside). He said the drill press was heavy and he wanted to wait for Erik to help him load it.

Erik finally showed up. He had made a run to a farmer's market for more sweet corn. Apparently they had bought enough for both days, but left the uncooked corn outside. During the night, raccoons ate it all up!

So, he showed me all the features (which I will never remember) and then they loaded it. I used the truck bed extender to lock it into place between the tailgate. I made my goodbyes and then started backing out of the driveway when I heard a crash! I forgot to lock the tailgate. I took care of that and headed home.

Another hour and I was back home with my prize.

Now, how to unload it?

I went out to water the vegetable garden and saw my neighbor, so I asked him if he could help me.

Sidebar: I figured I could take the light end (if there was one). He said he had a buddy coming over soon and they would get it out. Problem solved.

About an hour later, the doorbell rang and they easily got it out of the truck and onto the garage floor.

Now, I just have to figure out who's going to pick it up when I get the garage finished and want to bolt it to the work bench, LOL!

I made the mushroom agnolotti with Alfredo sauce for my Sunday supper.

Side: Yes, brother Carl, the package suggests Buitoni marinara sauce.topped with Parmesan cheese. But, I like it this was.

I watched a variety of shows on TV and then went to bed at 11:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment