Sunday, June 25, 2017

The Saturday Story.

I didn't sleep worth a shit Friday night. I woke up at 4:00 a.m. and could not fall back asleep. I ate some of the crappy pizza so I wouldn't barf when I took my pills.

I watched the local morning news when it finally came on at 6:00 p.m. Then I watched the national news. Finally, I got off my lazy ass and shaved, showered and got dressed for grocery shopping.

I bought just a little new food, it was mostly a resupply run. But I managed to spend $107.00!

At the checkout, the lady in front of me was in one of those handicapped electric scooters. She had a lot of trouble unloading the basket. When she was done, she kept reaching for something. I was just about to ask her if she needed help when she grabbed the stick (or whatever you call it) to mark the end of her purchases and handed it to me. I thanked her and started to put my purchases on the conveyor belt.

The checkout lane was the only one without a bagger (Of course, always my luck) so the cashier bagged her stuff. But finally, she moved on and it was my turn. I tried to help by bagging my stuff, but I suck at getting the bags separated. Most of the things was still there when I had to pay. So, I checked out and paid for my stuff.

Sidebar: You will see why this was relevant, shortly.

I drove straight back home, left the truck outside and unloaded the groceries. I was putting them away when I came across a bag I didn't buy! It had a box of frozen Eggo waffles with blueberries, two tubs of a spinach and artichoke cheese spread and two packages of baby wipes. WTF? Apparently the overworked cashier missed giving it to the lady in front of me and gave it to me instead.

I thought about it for a while. I didn't think Kroger could identify the lady as she paid cash. So, I finally put the waffles in the freezer, the cheese spread in the fridge and the baby wipes in the bathroom closet.

Sidebar: If you have a baby who needs their ass wiped, I got you covered!

I took a bit of a break then changed into work clothes. I went out front and started to weed the garden.

Sidebar: Yes, I did pay a lady to weed them, but she's still recovering from her surgery and they are getting WAY too tall.

I got one full wheel barrow full and maybe a quarter of it done when my back gave out. So, I put everything away and went inside.

It was nice and cool outside with a breeze. so I opened all the windows to air out the house. Then I laid down to ease my back and took a nap.

When I woke up, I checked the phone and saw I'd missed a call from my daughter, Melissa. So, I called her back and we talked for a couple of hours.

Dinner was still more cold, yucky pizza.

I watched some TV, then closed the windows and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment