Sunday, April 2, 2017

Sunny Saturday

As I said, I slept lousy Friday night. When I finally gave up, I read my book until the 6:00 a.m. news came on. My stomach still hurt (but not as bad) but my back now hurt as well.

Sidebar: I was really afraid I'd caught that stomach virus Friday, but that didn't explain my back. WTF?

When I finally got ready to go on my errand run, I figured it out! I went to take my morning pills and realized I had forgotten to take them Friday morning. So, I didn't have my Gerd medicine (stomach) or my Celebrex (back/knees pain).

So, I took today's pills and started feeling better in an hour or so.

I shaved, showered, got dressed and headed out. I went to CVS first, then my 9:30 haircut appointment. From there, I went to GFS and finally Westborn.

I was home by 11:00 a.m. I left the truck outside to unload it. By then, the clouds had left, the sun was out, but it was still chilly.

After treating the cat and putting away my purchases, I went out back and refilled the feeders.

Sidebar: The Johnnie lake is receding.

Back inside, I changed into work clothes.

Then I spent over an hour opening all the boxes and familiarizing myself with the track saw.

Sidebar: I was very disappointed with the owner's guide. It had, like, 10 pages of safety items and maybe 5 pages of how to use it.

When in doubt, Google it!!!

I watched  couple of videos and I think I got it. But I'll try it out on scrap wood first.

The next thing I did was to remeasure and adjust my wood sizes. Measure twice, cut once!

By that time it was just passed 3:00 p.m. and I was beat. So, I pulled the truck back in (after sweeping the garage floor), treated the cat (again - she's programmed to the sound of the garage door opener) and took a well deserved nap.

I was finally hungry, but didn't think anything spicy would be a good idea. So, I made the blue box of mac and cheese. I watched the news until it was over and then a couple of old (2004) Iron Chefs.

I watched the 11:00p.m. news as well. Saturday Night Live was a rerun, so I turned the lights off and went to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment