Sunday, April 9, 2017

Road Trip

I woke up to the alarm on Saturday. I had an 8:00 a.m. doctor's appointment in Clinton Township.

First problem of the day was my glasses. They weren't on the nightstand. I must have fallen asleep with them on and then maybe rolled on them. Anyway, the one screw was missing, one lens had popped off and the frame was bent... Dammit! I've have to run them up to Farmington on Monday to see if they can be fixed or if I need to order a new frame.

I didn't take my morning pills because I can't eat before my doctor's appointment.

I got out of the house around 7:10 a.m. It was sunny but cold. Traffic was light, so I made good time. But I was still five minutes late.

I got the Spring physical, including an EKG. Everything was good except for my sugar.

Sidebar: I was taking medicine that she stopped six months ago, because my sugar was too low. Now, its too high again. So, she's adding it back and I'll have to go back for a check up in three months this time. Some times I feel like a science project!

Anyway, about an hour later, $20 poorer and a quart of blood less, I headed back home.

Sidebar: At this point in my usual doctor appointments, I normally write, "Next, I went to visit my brother Carl and/or my friend B___. But this is the first warm, dry weekend in a long while and I have a lot of work to do back home.

An hour later, I was back in Redford. I realized I was starving, so instead of going straight home, I stopped at Leo's Coney Island for breakfast (two eggs over easy, link sausage and hash browns with rye toast).

I also stopped at the corner gas station to refill the truck's tank ($2.45 a gallon!!!)

Back home, I treated the cat, changed into working clothes and went out back.

I planted green onion cutoffs after refilling feeders. When I tried this last year, about half grew. Not so sure about this time. I got rained out when I first cut off the ends, so I put them in the fridge for a week. We'll see...

  It's almost time to do the first harvest on the chives.

I cleaned out dead plants from the mail box garden.

Back inside, I drank coffee and was reading until the outside temp reached 50 degrees.

Then I backed the truck out and, using the trusty track saw, cut out the sides of the toy box.

Note: It takes longer to set up the track than it does to cut the wood with the track saw. But you do get a beautiful, straight cut.

That was enough for today. Next step is a LOT of jigsaw work.

I backed the truck out onto the road and blew out the sawdust in the garage. I had to take off my work jacket, turn it upside down and shake it to get the sawdust out of the pockets.

I got the truck back inside and buttoned everything up for the night (it was 6:30, so I missed the news).

I treated the cat (again) and started the weekend wash.

I wasn't really hungry, so I just made some popcorn for dinner.

I watched an old favorite movie (Lord of the Rings - Return of the King). That didn't end until after midnight. So, I let Saturday Night Live tape and just went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment