Sunday, February 12, 2017

Suddenly Saturday

I woke up at 4:00 a.m. on Saturday, which p*ssed me off, because I couldn't fall back asleep. So, I read a Food Network magazine until the news came on at 6:00. At 8:15, I shaved showered and got ready for the errand run.

First stop was my bi-weekly haircut and beard trim.

From there I went to Kroger's. There were a surprising small amount of people there! It wasn't that cold (34 degrees F.), no wind and no precipitation. WTF?

Anyway, I used it to my advantage and stocked up. I spent a short time in line at the checkout and $130.00 bucks. But, I'm set for a while (except for carrots - I forgot I didn't have any carrots...)

From there, I went to Westborn, originally to just pick up some fresh grated Parmesan cheese. But, I made two impulse buys: a big fat, fresh blueberry muffin (damn they are expensive, but taste so good) and a container of big fat green olives, stuffed with Blue Cheese. Cost me almost $14.00 but it will be worth it.

Next I hit up Home Depot for what seemed like a simple buy. But, I needed two boards cut to four feet and it took FOREVER to get a guy to come and cut them.

I stopped at CVS. Then I crossed the parking lot to fill up the truck with gas at the corner station.

Back home, I left the truck outside to unload it. It took a while, but I got it done. It was 12:30 p.m. and I hadn't eaten breakfast, so I made a turkey sandwich for lunch and ate it with some of those olives.

I went out back and refilled the squirrel feeder, replaced the suet cake and scattered more bird seed on the ground.

Then I changed into my work clothes and went out in the garage. It was a little chilly, so I lit the propane heater. Then I started on my project.

Sidebar: Courtney at work has two small boys, aged one and two. She recently bought two matching dolls at a garage sale for them and was saying she wished she could find two little cribs for them. Now, making a crib would be a pain in the butt, so I thought I could knock together two cradles for them.

I started cutting the boards for them. There were a lot of angles and it was a lot of work. But finally I had the main bodies cut out. I was about to glue and nail them together when I realized the bottoms were about a quarter inch wider than the ends! Damn!!!

By then it was 5:30 p.m. and I was tired from standing. So, I set everything aside, pulled the truck inside and locked everything up for the night.

I warmed up a can of Wolf brand chili for my dinner.

I watched some TV but went to bed before 9:00 p.m.