Monday, January 9, 2017


I woke up early on Sunday, so I read in bed (with a cup of coffee) until 6:00 a.m. and the morning news. I had another cup of coffee while I filled in the Blog post. Then I ate my pills and refilled the pill box for the coming week.

I ate some toast with orange marmalade for breakfast.

It had snowed overnight. Not a big amount, but enough to cover the driveway and road.I watched the Sunday morning local and national news shows. Then I shaved, showered and got dressed for another Home Depot run.

One of the things I forgot to get there on Saturday was two furnace filters and it was definitely time to change them. Since I was there anyway, I checked out propane heaters. They didn't have the kind I bought before (of course) but I bought that some ten years ago. They had some expensive, serious ones but I bought a radiant tank top heater for $44.00.

I stopped at the gas station on the way home, but I couldn't get the locking gas cap off! Thank God I wasn't on empty. So, I drove home, pissed off.

I left the truck outside after locking it. I shut the garage door and, after reading the instruction manual, I hooked up the heater.

Sidebar: You needed a wooden match to light it. I didn't have any wooden matches, so I improvised with a Bic lighter and a wooden shish kabob skewer.  I got it fired up and then went into the house to let the garage warm up.

I gave it two hours (I read in the living room) and then went out in the garage. It wasn't "warm" but it wasn't freezing. So, I got out the table saw. I cut the six-foot pine board I bought down to three feet with the compound miter saw.

Then I used the table saw to rip four 3/4-inch wide boards. I had to rip the first one down a little more to custom fit it. When I had it right, I glued it to the drywall.

By then, it was getting dark and I was getting hungry. So, I turned off the heater and brought the truck back inside.

I warmed up more of the Beef Stroganoff.

I watched some of the taped shows (they are building up again). I started nodding off around 9:00 p.m., so I shut the TV off, took my glasses off and read in bed until I feel asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment