Monday, September 19, 2016


I woke up to the alarm clock on Saturday. I had a 9:00 a.m. doctor's appointment in Sterling Heights (six-months check-up). So, I shaved, showered and got ready. Then I got a call from them saying my appointment was rescheduled to October 15 at 9:00 a.m.

Well, that's okay, I guess. It will give me more time to lose weight (always a concern of my dear doctor) But, can a doctor get sick? I dunno. Doesn't seem like a stellar recommendation.

On the other hand, my pharmacist's recommendations seem to be working. My left hand is looking much better!

The only thing that annoys me is that I have to wait to 1:00 p.m. for my hair cut.

It was raining. so I putzed inside.

I made a half sheet pan of bacon in the oven (Please don't tell Vicky - she has banned me from using the the stove until after I see my doctor). But seriously, when have I ever listened to a woman?

I made two eggs over easy and toast and, with some bacon, had a nice breakfast.

I finally went and got my hair cut. Then I went to Kroger's. I was pulling out after checking out when I realized I forgot the pie crusts. So, I turned around and parked again. I went back inside and bought them.

I stopped at the Chinese take-out next to CVS and got a quart of chicken fried rice. I was hungry and it sounded good. And, it was. I ate about half of it for my late lunch.

I left the truck outside to unload it.

I changed clothes and then pulled the Big Thumper outside as well. Then I started moving wood to the back wall. I have to get the area in front of the old fuse box cleared out. I still haven't gotten a confirmation date yet, but I don't want to be surprised by them showing up and not being able to put in the new fuse box.

Finally, I rolled the chop saw table and the router table to the back. I started the bike and drove it in. Then I did the same to the truck.

It was after 6:00 p.m., so I heated the rest of the fried rice up and ate dinner.

I watched some DIY shows until bedtime.