Friday, July 29, 2016


It was warm again (91 degrees for the high) and a little more humid on Thursday. There was a "slight" chance of showers, but they all stayed up in the thumb. Nothing here.

I needed something from Home Depot, so I tried the new Applebee's over there. I got my usual (the chicken and three cheese pasta and French onion soup). The soup was good, but I was not impressed with the pasta. Way too dry. Besides, they only had waiters, no waitresses. WTF?

I got what I needed at home Depot and got back to work.

After work, I left the truck outside. I treated the cat and changed into shorts and a t-shirt and went into the garage. I have to rearrange it so the electrician can have room to work.

But first I had to take off the outside light and replace that box. I got the stepladder and went out to Jake's patio. I got the light fixture off and then unscrewed the short box. I installed the deep box (that I bought from Home Depot today).

Sidebar: If you remember, I jury-rigged the regular box with long screws to get the light working, back in the day. But, I didn't want the guy to think I was a hillbilly.

Next, I carried all the boxes on the big work bench into the back room. I moved the table saw, wet-vac, dolly, etc., out and into new places. That gave me three feet to pull the work bench away from the wall.

Sidebar: Damn, that thing is HEAVY!!!

I installed the box for the light switch where it wouldn't interfere with putting the shelves back up.

Finally, I swept the garage floor (so he wouldn't think I was a bum) and pulled the truck back inside.

Sidebar: I'll have to move the workbench with the bandsaw on Friday, because it can't move without blocking the truck.

I finished up just before 8:00 p.m., tired, sweaty and sore.

I was going to just eat a can of chili, but found I didn't have any in the pantry. So, I warmed up a can of Bush's grillin' beans instead (I was too beat to make dinner).

I ate that and went to bed.


  1. Maybe now would be a good time to put some wheels on that bench.