Thursday, March 10, 2016

Hump Day

We broke the record here for the highest low (if that makes any sense) on Wednesday morning. It was 51 degrees on the way into work! I checked and we were actually warmer than Jake and Carla in South Carolina.

We also broke the record of 68 degrees on this day when we hit 70 degrees in the afternoon.

I went to work early since I had a doctor's appointment this afternoon, so I wanted to make up the time. Courtney said later I got there at the "ass-crack of dawn." Never heard that one, but she said her dad says it all the time...

I went to lunch at the Big Boy. I got a cup of the broccoli and ham soup, a dish of coleslaw and a half of a turkey sandwich on multi-grain bread. Excellent!

Sidebar: Courtney, after she asked where I went for lunch and what I ate, said, "Well, that sounds healthy." I explained that I didn't think of it as "healthy," I just thought it sounded good.  God forbid I start eating "healthy!"

I went to my doctor's (well, surgeon's)  appointment at 2:00 p.m. I took along a list of my meds and a list of my surgeries and approximate dates (I had to guess on the surgeries - who remembers that shit?).

Sidebar: If you ever have to go to a different doctor, be prepared. You have to fill out a lot of information you (at least I) can't remember on the spot.

I liked the guy, which is important. And, for the first time ever, he had a service dog in the office who is supposed to calm your nerves. I played with her a bit and she did!

So, my surgery is scheduled for March 17 at 11:00 a.m. So much for celebrating St. Patrick's day!

He's going to try and remove the lump in my right bicep. He agreed with my doctor that it's not attached to my bone (which is good) but seems to be deep in my muscle (which is bad). It's about one inch wide and two inches long and cigar shaped, BTW.

He said if it's easy, he'll take it out. But if it's hard, or looks weird, he might just do a biopsy and close me back up. Let's hope it's an easy removal!

I went back to work and then went home.

I refilled the feeders (before the projected rain). That was good as I talked to my neighbor about installing the window in the door. I asked him what he would charge me and he said, "Don't be silly. It won't take 15 minutes." Cool!

Victoria brought me in some chicken and rice Evy had made, so I didn't have to worry about dinner. It was delicious.

I heated up two of the corners of the new tiles. and then put 25 pound hand weights on them (the corners of self-stick tile have less glue on them). I need to repeat this until they are all level.

I watched some taped DIY shows ans went to bed at 9:00 p.m.


  1. What's the recovery for something like that?

  2. John, I keep an excel spreadsheet of every major medical event ....took Moms handwritted, I go back to 1941. I just have to remember to update it when I have something done. So, when I go to a new doctor, I just hand him the three sheets and he has my history.

  3. Depends on what they do. He said if it's routine, I should be able to work at a computer the next day (but nothing heavy). Cutting into the muscle a lot might be a little more problematic.

  4. @ Carl: Yeah, good idea. But, I had to kinda fudge the dates. My memory isn't that good.