Friday, February 12, 2016


Cold and windy again on Thursday, but its only going to get worse I hear. Brrr...

I went to Eastside Mario's for lunch. I haven't been there in a long, long time. All I remember is that there wasn't much parking, the food was good but pricey and the service sucked.

So, I gave it another shot. I was right about the parking (and this wasn't the day for a long walk outside). It was a little pricey, but I ordered off the lunch menu. I got the Mario Trio, which was a bowl (and I do mean a big bowl) of soup, a Caesar salad and a small loaf of fresh-baked ciabatta bread. I chose Italian Wedding soup (my favorite Italian soup) and, when I was done, the waitress asked if I wanted more! I declined, so she brought the salad in a big bowl, with tongs and a plate. The bread came first, BTW. So, there was plenty of food for $7.99!

And, I was in and out in 45 minutes. Now granted, the place wasn't full so maybe that's why the food came so quick. But, I'm putting Eastside Mario's back on the list.

Back home after work, I treated the cat. I decided it was too damn cold to work in the garage, so I did a few small chores in the house.

I continued the Italian theme for dinner. I cooked some fresh Buitoni mushroom agnolotti and warmed up some Bertolli alfredo sauce. I put the two together, added in some fresh parsley and plated it. I topped it with grated Parmesan cheese and ate a delicious dinner.

I was tired, so I watched a little TV but went to bed by 9:00 p.m.


  1. I keep wanting to complain about the cold but your blog helps. Our low is twice your high, so I guess it could be worse.

    I don't think I was every an Eastside Mario fan except for their jingle - hey budda boom buddda bing.

  2. Re: Temps. Yeah, same here. I check the phone every morning. Right now its -5 degrees in Minneapolis (Amy), 2 degrees here and 32 degrees where you live. I wish I'd never plugged in San Juan, Puerto Rico. It's 73 degrees there right now with a predicted high of 82! Bums me out!

  3. Re: Eastside Mario. B___ and I went there a few times in the distant past (it's weird to think how long he's been gone). It was expensive, service was slow and it took about 1 1/2 hours to get in and out. The food was good, but we stopped going. This time, I was pleasantly surprised.