Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Tuesday, Tuesday…

It was still warm on Tuesday, but overcast. There was a cold front moving in and rain was predicted in the afternoon. I took the trash out to the road.

So, I got in my morning walk outside.

Vicky was sick on Monday and stayed home (Yanessa took care of her, she said). But she sent me a text today, saying she was still sick, but coming in, because she couldn’t afford two days off. I told her I understood, but to stay the hell away from me! I also told her to forget about tonight, as I hate being sick and I was not letting her in my truck.

Sidebar: We were supposed to go to the Museum of Contemporary Art in Detroit for the WDET’s member party. It’s our local Public Radio station and, yes, I am a member. I wanted to meet Ann Delise and I figured Vicky could bring a ton of her business cards and network with rich white folks who “cared.”

But, when I saw her (from afar) she looked like shit and was coughing her lungs out. So, I scrapped my usual Newburgh Grill lunch (Tuesday’s it’s normally the ham and bean soup with a patty melt) and went to Westborn instead. I got two containers of their chicken noodle soup (always excellent) and went back to work. I went in back and gave Vicky some soup and crackers (I left it all at a distance and shouted to her) and then went up front and ate mine, reading a book.

It started to rain heavy here around 1:00 p.m. I didn’t care, as we are two inches below average for September and my gardens and lawn need it.

So, I walked inside at 3:00 p.m.

I thought about going to the WDET party alone (I really want to meet Ann Delise; she plays such interesting music on the weekends) but then decided against it. I was bone-tired from working outside these past few days. So, I went home at 5:00 p.m.

It had stopped raining, but it felt like the temperature had dropped 20 degrees! So, I quickly wheeled the trash can inside and went inside.

I decided it was a good thing to stay inside for a change as I’ve been too busy outside and have been ignoring cleaning the house.

So, after catching up on the news, I got to work. I started cleaning the living room. I was moving right along until I started getting the cat hair off the furniture. That took forever!!! Before I knew it, it was 7:30.

So, I quit and warmed up leftovers for my dinner. I watched my two NCIS shows and then went to bed.


  1. "I didn’t care, as we are two inches below average for September and my gardens and lawn need it."

    I've got some if you need it!