Friday, September 4, 2015

The Real Thursday's Tale

Another hot humid day with a “chance” of thunderstorms in the late afternoon, same as yesterday.

Note: I guess it did rain in places around Southeast Michigan on Wednesday, just not here (again).

I ate the last of Carl’s zucchini bread this morning. I forgot to mention I’ve been eating it all this week for breakfast. It was very dense, but I found through trial and error that buttered, thin slices worked best. Thanks, Bro!

I went to the Newburgh Grill for lunch and got some beef vegetable soup and a patty melt. Then I went back to work and read in the air conditioning.

Around 1:00 p.m. you could hear thunder, so I went out to shut the truck windows. Poor Fred was not happy. He had gotten his truck washed at lunch! It rained for about an hour and then it fizzled out. When I walked outside at 3:00, the pavement was dry!

Vicky told me the reason she hadn’t brought back my bucket was that her mother was working overtime this week and she hadn’t had time to plant. She also said Evy didn’t want any purple iris, but would love some of these:

I had to show the photo because I can’t decide what color to call them, LOL!

I figured if Evy was going to plant this weekend, she might as well plant them all. So, when I got home and changed, I grabbed another bucket and went out back.

Sidebar: I checked the gauge I had 1/4 inch of rain this afternoon.

I opened the shed and got out the wheelbarrow of dirt and a shovel. It was sprinkling, BTW.

I put some dirt in the bucket and put some of the iris in as well. I topped the roots with more dirt just as the rain started! I got the wheelbarrow and shovel back in the shed (I left the bucket on the porch) without getting too wet. But, then I was stuck in the shed…

I watched it rain for about 15 minutes and then decided I’d make a run for it. I locked the shed and then went inside (I didn’t actually run, but I hurried). I got soaked!

I switched my wet shirt for a dry one and then watered the hanging plants on the porch (they were wilted from the heat). Then I took the bucket through the house and out to the garage.

I warmed up the sausage and cabbage for my dinner. I started watching a movie on Turner Classic Movies, but fell asleep before 9:00 p.m.

Note: I went out on the patio Friday morning and checked the rain gauge again.We had a total of just over an inch of rain!


  1. Since the only colors I see are the eight that came in a box of crayons, those irises (or is it irii?) look... purple.

  2. LMAO! That's the trouble I have real purple ones. These ain't. I'll post them for you.

  3. I wasn't. Google said that was the color between pink and purple.