Sunday, August 30, 2015

Road Trip

I set my alarm for 4:30 a.m. on Friday night. I had an 8:00 a.m. doctor’s appointment in Clinton Township. Of course, on a night that I really wanted some sleep, it didn’t happen.

I ended up being five minutes late, but it wasn’t my fault. I didn’t know Metro Parkway was under construction.

Everything checked out fine. My blood pressure and cholesterol were both lower than my last visit. Plus, I lost six pounds! That’s only a pound a month, but my doctor was pleased.

I asked about my arm being numb last weekend. She agreed with me that, since it went away in a day, I probably just slept on it funny.

They had a new supplement to the pneumonia shot I got a while back, so I got that.

It took two nurses to find a vein to draw my blood. I don’t mind needles, but I hate when they root around with them! I now have bruises on both arms and look like a junkie.

I called my brother Carl to see if he was home. He was, so I went to visit him. He gave me some coffee and a slice of zucchini bread. He also gave me a tiny bottle for my collection. I took a photo of it next to a shot glass, so you could see how little it really was!

I thought of also visiting B___ while I was up that way, but I didn’t call him earlier in the week to see if he was available. Besides, I had a 1:00 p.m. haircut scheduled. So, I headed home with my teeny glass bottle and the rest of the zucchini bread loaf.

I got home in time to go to the bathroom. I noticed the inside of my truck was getting dusty, so I stopped at the quarter car wash and vacuumed it out. Then I went across the road to O’Rielly’s and got some Armor-All wipes.

I got my hair cut and then went to Kroger’s. When I came out, it was sprinkling.

I left the truck outside. I unloaded the groceries and put them all away. Then I got some glass cleaner and a roll of paper towels. I washed the inside of the truck windows. It was still sprinkling, so I didn’t bother with the outside windows.

Then I wiped all the insides of the truck with the Armor-All. That took a long time (longer than I thought it would) and a lot of wipes. It looked a little streaked and I hope it doesn’t dry like that!

When I finally pulled the truck in and went inside, it was after 3:30 p.m. So, I took a long nap.

When I woke up, I was hungry, so I warmed up a bowl of the goulash for my dinner.

I watched TV for the rest of the night.


  1. Next time, call me and find out what roads on the east side are underconstruction. Glad to see you!

  2. When I drove a vehicle I cared enough to apply armor-all to, I would use the wipes to put it on and then almost immediately wipe off with paper towels. Otherwise, like you said, it tends to "sit" in the places where pressure was applied with the hand.