Monday, May 4, 2015

The Weekend

I woke up to the alarm on Saturday. Not because I had any appointments. I just wanted to make sure the damn thing worked. It did.

I fried up the last of the Spam and ate it with some scrambled eggs for breakfast. I watched the news until it ended and then got cleaned up and dressed.

I had to get some gas for the mowers, so I did. I had already decided to go grocery shopping on Sunday, but I did go to that no-name grocery store on Joy Road. I picked up some rye bread and liverwurst.

Back home, it was already 11:00 p.m. so I changed into work clothes and got to work.

I refilled the feeders and the suet cage. I also threw them the old English muffins and bread after I broke them up. I pulled the hose out to the front.

Then went in the garage (I had left the truck outside) and started taking the hardware off the cabinet doors. I sprayed each one with degreaser and rubbed it in with the tile sponge. Then I hosed it off and laid each on the 4x4 to dry.

I worked until 3:00 p.m. By then I was hot, sweaty and tired. So, I shut the garage door, went inside and took a nap.

I woke up after 5:00 p.m. I made myself another liverwurst sandwich. Then I went back in the garage and worked taking off the painted-over hardware. Pain in the butt! I got two doors done before I lost the light at 8:00 p.m.

I pulled the truck inside, took a shower (I was sweaty) and watched some TV before bedtime.

Sunday morning, I woke up late. I got cleaned up and dressed. Then I went out and inspected the bike. Jake had sent me a “T-Clock” inspection list. I didn’t do everything, but I did make sure the oil was full and the tires were properly inflated. It fired right up, so I put on my new helmet and took it for a ride. I just stayed on San Jose but went south all the way to Joy Road.

Helmet works great, BTW. Much better than the top-heavy half-helmet.

Back home, I cut the front grass and trimmed the edges both front and back. Back inside, I was going to take a nap. But, my daughter Melissa called and we talked for a long time.

I went back in the garage and measured the one drawer that is busted. I can’t repair it, so I have to make a new one and put the old drawer face on it.

Melissa sent me some pictures of her kitchen remodel. It looks nice!

I watched an old “Dirty Harry” movie until 10:00 p.m., then went to sleep.

1 comment: