Saturday, May 2, 2015

Finally Friday and finally warm!!!

I woke up Friday morning, amazed at how good I felt. I laid there for a bit and then it dawned on me: It was light outside! WTF???

I checked the alarm clock and it was 8:30 a.m.! Damn! Either the alarm clock is broken or I shut it off. Which is why the Blog post was late.

So, I sent my boss a text, telling her I was running late and then shaved, showered and got dressed in record time. I was an hour and 30 minutes late. But, I stopped at the Looney bakery and got doughnuts and two salt bagels (for my boss and me) to make up for it.

Luckily, I had thrown my roll of Visqueen and my staple gun in the truck the night before. So, I gave them to Vicky and explained how to attach it.

Sidebar: As I was leaving the job site last weekend, Vicky and her uncle Joe were going next door (house #2) to get what she called some “plywood” to cover the broken windows upstairs. On Thursday, she told me she went to the house to make sure the rain hadn’t ruined the wood floor (they had pulled the carpeting off it).  I said, “I thought you covered them with plywood?” She said it wasn’t “plywood,” it was that chalky stuff. I said, “You mean drywall?” She said, “Yeah, I guess.”

So, I explained drywall isn’t waterproof and said I’d bring her in some Visqueen, so I did.

I went to Time Out for lunch. I got the chicken salad pita, but with the soup instead of the fries. That may have been a mistake. The soup was “Creamy Chicken with Jalapenos” and a little too hot for my delicate palate.

Sidebar: I had to get a refill on my water before I finished the soup.

I was eating my pita when Dan, one of the owners, came over, sat down and started to talk to me about retirement, how fast time moves when you’re old, etc. He just turned 50 and it seems to be bothering him. Now, I usually don’t talk when I eat, but if I wanted to, I’d be hitting on my waitress (she’s new and has a beautiful face), not chatting with Dan. But, they put up with me and my eccentricities (I need Dijon mustard with a mushroom and Swiss burger and malt vinegar with fish and chips) so I put up with him.

I left there and went and got the truck washed. It was a perfect spring day and supposed to be nice until Monday, so I thought I should.

The afternoon passed slowly. I walked outside both times. It was eventually 74 degrees which, according to my weather map, was warmed than in SC!

So, when I got home, I treated the cat and changed into my shorts. I went out back and walked the yard one last time (looking for fallen branches) I found a couple. Then I went in the shed and started up the tractor (It fired right up!)

So, I cut the back yard. It didn’t really “need” it, but the various grasses were growing up a different rates and it looked “shaggy.”

I finished up about 7:30 p.m. I went and got the blower and cleaned off the two patios and the concrete pad by the bird feeder.

Back inside, I warmed up more pasta and ate dinner checking out the TV menu. I didn’t see anything all that interesting, so I watched some taped TV and then went to bed at 9:30 p.m.


  1. We're trying to enjoy the cooler temperatures while we can. Maybe if you moved the alarm clock to a different location?

  2. I just need more self-discipline!

  3. Maybe you should check out the app Snap Me Up. The alarm won't shut off until you wake up and take a picture of yourself.