Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Tuesday’s Tale

I woke up with the alarm (thank God) and immediately figured out the one clock I always forget to adjust: the one on the set-back thermostat. I didn’t notice it on Monday as I was an hour late. But today, I got out of bed and found it was a balmy 68 degrees!

So, I fixed it, but spent the Blog time shivering in my robe.

It was a bit foggy on the ride in and stayed overcast all day.

I had to go to Six Mile and Newburgh at lunch so I had my usual at the last remaining Big Boy around here. Then I went to D&D Video Transfers and dropped my two new VHS tapes off. It will take two days and cost me $30.00, but I’ll finally get to watch two of my favorite movies again, thanks to Jake and Carla!

I had a couple of phone calls in the afternoon. One was from my doctor. She said my blood work came back and everything was fine. Both my bad cholesterol and my good cholesterol were excellent! She finally got the results of that test I paid $380.00 for and she said that was acceptable (given my age) as well.

Sidebar: I HATE those disclaimers. It reminds me of my eye doctor telling me I was starting to get cataracts, but, “given my age,” I’d be dead before they got serious. Really?

Speaking of my eye doctor, they called and my frames are in. But, they are always closed on Wednesday, so I’ll probably get them on Saturday.

The sun tried to come out every now and then, but failed. So, even though it was as warm as yesterday, it never felt like it.

When I got home after work, I’d planned on doing more sanding. But, I was beat (I’d struggled to stay awake again all afternoon) so I just pulled the truck inside.

I watched the nightly new and then heated up a can of Hormel chili for dinner. I ate that with some saltine crackers and then watched my two NCIS shows. I made myself go to bed at 10:00 p.m. (knowing it was really only 9:00 p.m.)


  1. You are very welcome and I hope you enjoy your movies! In other news, what happened to all the Big Boys?

  2. I'm still not sure. They shut down three of them that I know of around me. They even hauled the Big Boy statues away! I only have the one at Six Mile and Newburgh left!!!