Saturday, March 21, 2015

Finally Friday! (my favorite phrase)

I spent the morning on Friday, with my right eye pressed against a wet washcloth and two ice cubes. For some reason I don’t understand, my eye seems to feel worse in the mornings.

Sidebar: That leaves me to understand (and possibly employ) the old boxer’s theory: To put a raw steak on your eye. But, I don’t have a raw steak or even a frozen one.

So, I went with ice cubes. BTW, the vivid colors are fading, but not the bloodshot eye itself.

It was warmer, but overcast for most of the day.

I went to Time Out for a quick lunch and then went to Lowe’s. I couldn’t find what I wanted and regretted turning down a lunch invite with Vicky with nothing to show for it.

The afternoon passed slowly as Friday’s always do.

But, the sun came out around 4:00 p.m.

Once home and the cat treats out of the way, I retrieved the Amazon package on my front porch. It was new hitch cover and a locking hitch pin (I didn’t want to spend that kind of money only to have somebody steal it). Too cool! Thanks, Jake, for the idea. I’ll install it and show you photos tomorrow.

I surveyed my kingdom (mentally). When I walked out on the porch, I noticed the hostas are pushing up through the mulch. I really want to start raking the fall/winter junk out of the gardens. But, I have a sh*tload of trash out in the back (including those damn CVS plastic bags stuck up in my tree branches and bushes).

So, I guess trash pickup is the first on the list. But not tonight.

Tonight (and most Friday nights) it’s the ToDo list, an errand list and a grocery list (including reviewing the Kroger sale paper). This time it was complicated by sitting last Saturday on the sidelines with my eye. I am behind…

When I was done, I warmed up some of the goulash that I thinned with water. I had planned on using beef broth (after boiling some cabbage I had left over), but found I was out of beef broth. WTF? So much for my tricky idea of thinning out my goulash!

It was delicious and more the consistency I remembered.

I sat in the living room, reading and icing my eye, until I got sleepy. Then I went to bed just after 9:30 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment