Thursday, December 18, 2014


So, I was late for work and got teased all day about it. Sucks to be me.

I grabbed a cheeseburger and a bowl of “creamy chicken soup” (excellent) at Time Out and went back to work. I did stop at a gas station and bought a big bottle of Pepsi and one of 7-Up.

When I got home, I checked the living room for cat hair. I thought Rick said they’d be coming over around 6:30 p.m., so I went out in the garage and sanded the wood filler off the second project. I was just about finished when Rick tapped on the garage window (scared the crap out of me!)

So, I went and let them in the front door. Damn, it was good to see Rick again! I haven’t seen Jesse since he was a toddler at the family Christmas party. And, it was great to finally meet Jessica, Jesse’s girlfriend. I’ve seen hundreds of pictures of her, usually holding huge fish they caught, but never met her.

We sat and talked for a while then I showed them my bike. Rick was interested in the old canoe from Lake Orion, so I showed them the Lake Orion collage in the office and the porch chair.

Both Jesse and Jessica sounded like they had their head on straight about their future career plans after college. Nice kids!

But, all good things come to an end. They had to catch a flight home tomorrow, so they left about 7:30 p.m. I promised to come down and go fishing with them one day and I plan on keeping that promise!

They took a couple of photos and I asked them to send them to me. If and when they do, I’ll post them for you.

As they were leaving, I asked Jesse to say hi to his mother for me. She was always one of my favorite relatives!

Oh, about me being a good host (I never seem to be), I did offer them coffee, or soda. I forgot to mention beer (I had a six pack of Bud Light I bought for Tracey). But they had just come from dinner at a Mexican restaurant in Detroit and nobody wanted anything! So, I didn’t come off as much of a host as I would have liked.

I changed clothes and then went back to work. I stained the second project and put the next coat of polyurethane on the computer desk. I figured out the height measurement for the keyboard drawer front and cut that down. Then I stained it.

I quit about 9:30 p.m. I warmed up the rest of the chicken fried rice for dinner, ate my night pills and went to bed.


  1. I'm glad you had a good visit!

  2. It was amazing. Its been a long,LONG time since I saw Rick (we used to ride dirt bikes together back in the day). Last time I saw Jesse (his son) was when he was a toddler and only ever saw Jessica on FaceBook. I was in heaven!!!

    And I am going fishing on the Gulf, someday!!!