Monday, September 15, 2014

Come Saturday Morning...

I woke up at 5:30 a.m. on Saturday (of course). It was 51 degrees and had rained overnight.

At 6:00 a.m., I turned on the news and saw the “high” today was predicted to be 61 degrees, but thankfully no more rain. When it was light enough, I went out and checked the rain gauge. We got just under 1/2 inch of rain last night.

I added to the shopping list and the ToDo list and then went back to watching the news. I was out of English muffins (they are on the list), so I made a single piece of sourdough toast.

Sidebar: English muffins are a perfect breakfast. I was sick of oatmeal and these are quick to make and easy to eat. A little butter and a dash of salt (I only have unsalted butter in the house, so the salt is necessary for the correct taste), a few bites and I’m good to go. I’m not that sure (or that concerned) about the calories, I only know it calms the effects of my morning meds.

I watched the morning news until 9:00 a.m. and then got cleaned up and ready to go on my Saturday errands. It was cloudy and cold.

I normally wear my Triumph tee shirt on Saturday morning runs (it’s a babe magnet, lol!) but I didn’t feel like wearing a jacket. So, I tried on my long sleeve Dickies shirt a friend gave me. He bought them online and they were too big. They fit perfectly on me, except the sleeves were too short. But, I have gorilla arms…

First stop was Kroger’s, where I spend $42.00 on mostly restocking items. Next was Westborn, where I wanted sweet corn for Sunday’s grilling. So, I didn’t bother with a cart. Unfortunately, I kept seeing things that looked good (Pinconning cheese, eggplants, apples, etc.) so I staggered to the checkout line…

Next stop was the Feed Store where I got a 40 pound bag of bird seed. I had them throw it in the truck bed. Then I went to Gordon Foods and got two bags of lump charcoal.

Finally, I stopped at CVS for a prescription.   I was back home just before noon.

A buddy called and we chatted for a while. Then I took a well-deserved nap.

When I woke up, I went out and cleaned up the garage. I had a bunch of cut off wood, so I decided to have a bonfire out back. I sat on my twisted bench and enjoyed the hell out of my fire.

Inside, I went back to the freezer. I made some fish fillets and the last of my crinkle-cut French fries for dinner. 

I was processing my photos when Caley came in and posed for me.

I watched some taped shows, trying to get my percentage down to under 50% full.

No comments:

Post a Comment