Friday, August 22, 2014

Thursday, waiting on Friday Night

I woke up before the alarm on Thursday morning, which just p*ssed me off. I got ready and headed out to work. I packed up a wedge of my broccoli and cheddar quiche to take to my friend Michelle in Facilities.

So, when it was time at 10:00 a.m. for my walk, I walked it over there. Unfortunately, she was off today. So, I wrote her name on the bag I stuck it in (I always re-use the take-out bags from the Chinese restaurant as they are heavy-duty) and put it in their fridge.

Back at work, I sent her an email, alerting her that is was there. That’s about all I could do.

I went to the Newburgh Grill for lunch and got one of their specials: a cup of coup (I took the beef vegetable as their chicken and dumpling or chicken rice soups suck) and a patty melt.

I took the long way back to work, a slow drive down Hines Parkway. There weren’t that many people to people-watch (it’s supposed to rain) but the scenery always calms me down.

The afternoon dragged (as it always does) but I made it through without falling asleep.

It never did rain, but stayed overcast (for the most part) all afternoon. I got home and got the mail, then I pulled into the garage. I treated Caley, changed clothes and turned the dishwasher on.

I used my new electric sweeper to clean the kitchen floor. Then I used the Swiffer WetJet to wash it. I left that to dry and worked on the computer for a while.

When the floor was dry, I went out and scrubbed my half sheet pan to get rid of last night’s spills. I know I saw something a while ago on Facebook about something that promised to eliminate crud on a cookie tray, but I couldn’t remember what the mixture was. Peroxide and baking soda? I dunno… Whatever. I used elbow grease and got most of it.

BTW, it was softly raining here at that point.

So, I made tonight’s dinner. Now I would have been happy eating the rest of the quiche, but I had that thawed onion sausage to deal with. So, I cut the rope into manageable lengths and fried them in a little canola oil.

I needed a side, of course, so I made a blue box of Kraft’s mac & cheese (Sort of my take on a Southern menu, LOL!) I plated my supper with a spoonful of mac and cheese, two links of onion sausage and a good dab of the Dusseldorf mustard.


I watched one TV show and then went to bed at 9:30 p.m.


  1. Dad, I hope you are feeling a bit better! The weekend is fast approaching. Don't let them get you down man.

  2. Thanks! After that long vacation, this week seemed endless!