Monday, August 4, 2014

Seafood Sunday

I woke up at the usual time on Sunday. I did the usual routine, but added to the normal English muffin breakfast with a grapefruit. Now, as much as I love grapefruit (and I do) I’m not supposed to eat them (they interact with one of my meds). But my cube buddy Michelle brought in a whole bagful of them and I couldn’t resist. One can’t possibly hurt, right? And, doctor’s orders are not really “orders” they are more like guidelines, right?

In spite of my lame attempts to justify eating it, I did it anyway and it was GREAT!

I miss grapefruit…

I went outside early and put the oscillating sprinkler in the front yard and watered that for an hour. I watched the morning news until the time was up and then moved the sprinkler to what I now call the “lane” (the space between the two maples out back where I used to hang the hammock). I watered that for another hour.

After that, I shaved, showered and got dressed. I headed out to Home Depot. I had two things I needed: Aqua Globes and some bean and pea seeds. They had the Aqua Globes (supposedly they keep a plant watered up to two weeks, and my container gardens need that). I heard about the Aqua globes from a friend in Facilities who said they got them at CVS. But, when I went there on Saturday, they said they were a “seasonal” item and long gone.

Unfortunately, at Home Depot, vegetable seeds are also a “seasonal item” and they no longer had them. So, I drove over to Meijer’s and checked. They no longer carried them either. Damn! There goes my fall harvest.

Note to self: Next year buy two seed packs of beans and peas!

I was back home by 9:45 a.m. I filled up the two Aqua globes (not easy) and, after punching a hole in the dirt with a pencil (as per instruction), stuck them into the pots.

We’ll see.

Before I put away the hose, I hooked up the square sprinkler and watered the p*ss out of the little area that wasn’t touched by yesterday’s or this morning’s efforts. I will pay for this (literally) on my next water bill, but I spent a lot of time and effort of get grass to grow in the ruts and don’t want to let it die.

I finished the Sunday morning chores before the timer went off. I went outside, disconnected the hose and put the square-head sprinkler in the shed.

Back inside, I stuck the “Graceland” CD in the computer (my motivational music for almost 30 years) and started cleaning the house.

She said “Honey, take me dancing” but they ended up by sleeping in a doorway.
Maybe it’s the third world…
You can call me Al… 

You get the idea…

I got everything swept, vacuumed and/or washed by 1:00 p.m. I was hungry so I made a tuna fish sandwich on some toasted sourdough bread. Then I took a nice nap.

When I got back up, I went out and straightened the garage up after pulling the truck outside. It took a couple of hours, but it needed it. I pulled the truck back inside and buttoned everything up for the night.

It was getting late, so I started my Sunday supper. I made shrimp scampi with linguini (see recipe under the “Recipes” tab. Kroger had some nice large (21-25 count) raw shrimp on sale and I couldn’t resist. The only thing I did different was to use fresh pasta instead of dried. It did make a difference! Dinner was excellent.

I watched another new Peirot on PBS and then went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment