Thursday, May 22, 2014

Hump Day

It was still wet from overnight rain, but wasn’t raining on the way into work Wednesday. But, the ponding water and spray forced me to use the wipers now and then.

It never really got that chilly overnight and just kept getting warmer all day, especially after the sun finally came out.

I went to Time Out and got a butterflied blackened chicken breast with macaroni salad for lunch. Thank God for the macaroni salad to cool down my tongue as the seasoning on the chicken was HOT!

Since it was so nice out, I took another drive down Hines Park. Last year they started constructing a memorial wall of some kind. But, the entrance is not on Hines Park Drive, so I never stopped in to check it out – until today.

It is to honor Wayne County first responders who died in the line of duty. It was simple, tasteful and somehow moving. I recognized names I had heard on the news the past few years.

My afternoon walk was outside in the now muggy air. It eventually hit 83 degrees F. here.

When I got home after work, I changed into shorts and a t-shirt. I started the Wednesday night wash. Then I went out to get some work in. Because of the warm, unstable air, there was a slight possibility of thunderstorms (although it never rained here all day).

First item on my list was to tie up the front clematis. The one in the back easily found the trellis, but this one’s shooting straight up. But, with the green Velcro strips, this was quickly done.

I had found my line trimmer, BTW. After I found it on Tuesday, I remembered! Last fall, I needed more room for woodworking. So, I hug it up on bicycle hooks on the ceiling over the main workbench. I looked all over the garage, house and shed for it as you may remember. But, I never looked “up.”

Sidebar: I silently apologized to my neighbors for thinking somebody stole it.

So, I trimmed the front yard and then moved to the back. I finished up at 7:00 p.m. It was a long walk and, unfortunately, I was covered with bits of grass (I should have worn long pants and a cap). So, my socks, shorts and tee went into the laundry basket and I went into the shower.

Afterwards, I felt much better. I did a repeat of the mini sliders, chips and pickle (I finished up the coleslaw Tuesday night) for my dinner.

I watched a taped TV show and went to bed at 10:00 p.m. I was beat!

No comments:

Post a Comment