Saturday, May 31, 2014

Finally Friday!

Sidebar: It always amazes me how long a “short” week turns out to be!

The weather on Friday was a repeat of Thursday here, except it was even warmer with a high in the low 80’s.

I attended yet another going away luncheon. This time it was for Ben. I hate these things, BTW. I was able to get out of the one last Friday for Phil, a tech who’s been year about a year and a half. But, Ben’s been here over three years, so I felt I should attend.

Unfortunately, it was at Buddy’s which is notoriously slow. I got there at 11:30 a.m. (when I was supposed to) and the waitress finally took my order at 12:10 p.m. (in her defense, she was busy getting the stragglers their drinks). I had the individual antipasto salad and a cup of their chicken tortilla soup. Both were excellent.

I walked outside again in the afternoon, but it was becoming uncomfortably warm by then.

Unfortunately, I had to deal with a sensitive issue at work (protecting my Boss in the interaction with two senior level Executives as I had been taught to do some 25 years ago.). At the completion of that interaction, the employee that originally, stupidly and still unwittingly caused the issue began whining about another matter. Several co-workers corrected him, but he continued to ask why he couldn’t have a desktop and a laptop. I had had it and said, “Because it’s fncking stupid!” I am sure I will pay for that outburst, but my tolerance level for dumb shit had been far exceeded.

What are they gonna do? Write me up and not give me a raise on my annual review? That’s an inside joke, LOL!

But, finally it was five o’clock and I headed home. When I got there, I treated Caley, changed clothes and started the Wednesday wash. Explanation: The Wednesday night wash should have been done on Thursday (due to the holiday) but that would have left just Friday’s clothes to wash over the weekend. Since I have a large capacity washer and dryer, I figured I’d wait one day and get them all done at once.

Then I got out the lawn tractor and cut the backyard grass. Well, that was the plan. But, about half way through, the tractor died! Now, I had filled it with gas and checked the oil like I always do, so WTF?

I fiddled with it a while, but finally gave up and pushed it the l-o-n-g way back to the shed.

I was sweaty, tired, and the day had generally sucked so I quit.

I warmed up two brats and ate them with Dijon mustard and some of the pasta salad for dinner. 

I looked for something interesting on TV but failed. I was not even surprised. It was that kind of a day. So, I read through the last two magazines I got in the mail (rocking it old school) and then went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment